Remove Advertisements

Confusion about hit and expertise cap

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Confusion about hit and expertise cap

Postby watermen » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:46 am

I have spent a lot of time reading everyone's post here. I also read posts on Elitist Jerks. I have a question on hit and expertise cap, only because I am really confused with so many different ideas.

The traditional theory is that tank need to be hit and exp capped which is 8% hit and 26 exp.

Now I am seeing more people talking about reforging hit and exp into mastery, and many people here seems to be only having a hit of 2% or less and not capped on expertise.

Yet on the other hand, Theck's posts, which did an excellent explanation on almost everything, mentioned about hit and expertise cap.

So do I really need to be hit and expertise capped? Thanks. :D Theck, I hope you can give me some input on this.
watermen

Re: Confusion about hit and expertise cap

Postby RedAces » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:50 am

hey,

there are at least 5 threads discussing this topic and the general consensus is: If you need more threat reforge to exp soft cap (26), then hit cap (8%) and at last to the exp hard cap (56). The majority of tankadins are in an excess threat situation so they reforge everything to mastery to give their healers more room / mana.

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Return to Basic Training & Talents