Remove Advertisements

My spec 0/31/10

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

My spec 0/31/10

Postby Katie Lynn » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:22 am

Hi people!

I'm using this talent spec:
http://wowtal.com/#k=-e40M65rs.a6d.paladin.

Should I include Divine Guardian in my spec for raiding?.

Thanks for advice

Ri~

Sorry for the bad English.
Katie Lynn

Re: My spec 0/31/10

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:29 am

Yes. Divine Guardian is one of those "help out the raid not die" things we're expected to do. Any tank that doesn't have it isn't doing their part. It may not benefit you directly, but having it on hand makes life easier for everyone during raid-wide damage events.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:30 am

yes yes a million times yes.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby d503 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Katie Lynn wrote:Hi people!

I'm using this talent spec:
http://wowtal.com/#k=-e40M65rs.a6d.paladin.

Should I include Divine Guardian in my spec for raiding?.

Thanks for advice

Ri~

In the environment of restricted healing capabilities, and mana being as precious as it is, any time you can reduce anyone's damage intake by 20%, you're doing your healers a HUGE favor!

DG was pretty game breaking and stackable in WotLK (think HLK 25 progress w/o it on infest...RAW DAWG IT!)...it's not quite as broken now, as AOE effects tend to be whittling, and not murdering as much (not lookin' at you charemaemamamam).

Cool places I use DG:

Halfus - Protodrake room-wide AOE
Magmaw - Roomwide AOE
Magmatron - Roomwide AOE
V&T - Blackout or Meteors (tho better on blackout imo)
Maloriak - Split breath

And those are just the encounters I've done. So basically on every raid encounter, I've found a reason to use it.

Totally a ridiculously cheap, and incredibly powerful cooldown. Git it! :)
d503

Postby Katie Lynn » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Then what should I take out for DG?

Sorry for the bad English.
Katie Lynn

Postby d503 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Katie Lynn wrote:Then what should I take out for DG?

I've given up on PoJ and just gotten Stam+RunSpeed boot enchant. You can give up one point in Rule of Law, but it's a pretty good chunk of threat (which in theory does not matter very much).

Ultimately, it just depends on how much you love PoJ :P

Here's mine: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... nt/primary
d503

Postby theothersteve7 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 pm

I've found tank mobility is as important as ever. I specced out of pursuit of justice and then noticed approximately two thirds of the wipes that were directly related to me were tied to how fast I could move.

Try taking one point out of Grand Crusader. You probably won't miss it.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby d503 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 pm

theothersteve7 wrote:I've found tank mobility is as important as ever. I specced out of pursuit of justice and then noticed approximately two thirds of the wipes that were directly related to me were tied to how fast I could move.

Try taking one point out of Grand Crusader. You probably won't miss it.

What wipes were you unable to move fast enough for? Just curious, as I haven't had a problem with the Stamina+RunSpeed enchant.

I'd much rather have AS more often, but that's just a personal preference.
d503

Postby sculder » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:50 pm

I did some testing yesterday with dropping vindication instead of POJ or GC, and the results were interesting. It is viable, if you trust your warriors to demo shout for you. In my case, they were able to keep it up 100%, but if you don't have trustworthy warriors in your group I would not recommend it.

(it would also work if you have a blood dk, a warlock cursing, or a hunter with a bird pet, but the only general realistic option is warrior(s).)
sculder

Postby d503 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:06 pm

sculder wrote:I did some testing yesterday with dropping vindication instead of POJ or GC, and the results were interesting. It is viable, if you trust your warriors to demo shout for you. In my case, they were able to keep it up 100%, but if you don't have trustworthy warriors in your group I would not recommend it.

(it would also work if you have a blood dk, a warlock cursing, or a hunter with a bird pet, but the only general realistic option is warrior(s).)

Bad enough I have to trust DPS to interrupt because of our flawed abilities, I don't know if I trust that other classes will have 100% uptime.

But every raid's different, I suppose :) Your warriors are good and selfless!
d503

Postby theothersteve7 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:41 am

d503 wrote:What wipes were you unable to move fast enough for? Just curious, as I haven't had a problem with the Stamina+RunSpeed enchant.

The first instance was good ol' Sindragosa hard mode, getting behind the ice blocks with a slow debuff on. I also died once (mostly due to a lag spike) on Ozruk's shatter, just by a hair. Faster movement helps Steelbender. Any fight with a nova that you must run out of, or fire on the ground, which frankly is most of them. Hell, I missed the Thaddius jump for the first time in *edit* 29 kills when we went back for The Immortal a month ago, that was embarrassing.

If it works for you, great. I just find that the speed edge causes less wipes, and is therefore the superior spec for me.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Treck » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:47 am

d503 wrote:Cool places I use DG: EVERYWHERE!

Fix't

d503 wrote:
theothersteve7 wrote:Try taking one point out of Grand Crusader. You probably won't miss it.

I'd much rather have AS more often, but that's just a personal preference.

Id suggest removing one point in Reckoning over Grand Crusader tbh.
While Grand Crusader stands for less dps/tps for each talent, there are actually a LOT of fights where you beeing able to interrupt is a BIG help for the whole raid (Nefarian p2 adds, Maloriak, Omnitrons, Elemental council, Cho'gall, Halfus, as raid examples). Altho, you should never assign a paladin tank as the only interrupter for something that is essential to interrupt, its just not reliable enough, mostly since its on the GCD and we do wanna use our GCDs rather than just sit there and do nothing. AND we got far from hitcap, and Avengers shield only interrupts if it hits.
Not to mention that whenever your dealing with more than one target, Avengers shield is really strong, and thats quite a lot of fights. (If your going instances more than raids, GC is a big dps increase compared to Reckoning since you pretty much always have more than 1 mob)
Treck

Return to Basic Training & Talents