Glyph of Divine Protection clarification?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Glyph of Divine Protection clarification?

Postby Eroslight » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:39 am

All -
I have been hearing conflicting arguments regarding Glyph of Divine Protection.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=41096
"Removes the physical damage reduction of your Divine Protection, but increases the magical damage reduction by 20%."

If you do a google search regarding this issue it states that the glyph is bugged to do -20% physical WHILE doing -40% magical damage reduction.

Was this fixed? Is this old news?
Just looking for a case where -40% magical damage and 0% physical damage might be worth it (I haven't gotten to raid yet but thinking Sarth+3D breaths etc.)

Anybody know the final word?
Eroslight

Re: Glyph of Divine Protection clarification?

Postby Braundo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:41 am

I hadn't heard about the bug (or the potential fix), so that's news to me.

In its intended form, this glyph is obviously useful for any high magic damage fight where you can get by without the 20% physical DP. Sarth 3D as you said, Mimiron P1, Keleseth in ICC, etc.

I don't know how many fights in T11 content feature high magic damage, but since glyphs are learned permanently, there's no reason not to have it so it can be swapped in when necessary.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Braundo wrote:I hadn't heard about the bug (or the potential fix), so that's news to me.

In its intended form, this glyph is obviously useful for any high magic damage fight where you can get by without the 20% physical DP. Sarth 3D as you said, Mimiron P1, Keleseth in ICC, etc.

I don't know how many fights in T11 content feature high magic damage, but since glyphs are learned permanently, there's no reason not to have it so it can be swapped in when necessary.

I've personally been wearing out my DP button, so I don't know that I'd wanna sacrifice the physical part. I just kind of use it casually when dmg intake situations change to ease the healers' transition (picking up an add, more than intended mobs in a trash pack, etc).

I actually find myself not using GanK as much because I don't want to squander it...I'm probably underusing it, frankly, but I'll learn with time.
d503

Postby Argali » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:49 pm

I heard about the bug, and glyphed it to have an awesome shield wall pre-cata. However, I have not heard anything about the functionality of the glyph being change i.e. it still does 20% phys DR, and 40% magic DR while glyph. Searches on the wow forums say that only the tooltip is wrong, and that it's supposed to be 20% phys DR and 40% magic DR, though ofc, it could be wishful thinking.
Argali

Postby theckhd » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:32 am

That bug was fixed a long time ago, if I recall correctly. Shortly after 4.0.1 hit live servers, well before 4.0.3a.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Return to Basic Training & Talents