Remove Advertisements

Stamina at sub-80 levels

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Stamina at sub-80 levels

Postby wolven » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Hey folks,

Been looking around for awhile, but I have yet to find a recommended amount of stamina to have around 'main' levels when leveling.

In my example, I just hit 40, and have a blacksmith that can make me the plate armor. How much of it should I got stamina gear, and how much of it should I go str ( thus threat ) gear? Should I always choose stamina as I'm going, or is there a minimum recommended str for ease of tankings?
wolven

Re: Stamina at sub-80 levels

Postby degre » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:45 am

Just wear whatever you find on the way.

They've improved the loot tables and the old content is now way too easy, I honestly wont bother with the gear until you reach the latest content.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby RedAces » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:02 am

hey,

degre wrote:They've improved the loot tables and the old content is now way too easy, I honestly wont bother with the gear until you reach the latest content.

Low level instance got buffed significantly, the healer really has to manage his mana and boss fights easily lasts for 2min.

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby degre » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:14 am

Still, I was a couple of days ago on my little priest with your average tank dressed in whatever comes around and we had no issues at all.

I'mm not saying go dressed in rags, just that he can wear whatever he drops without bothering too much.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby econ21 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:29 am

Around level 40, it starts to become obvious whether our gear is for tanking (stamina heavy) or dps (strength heavy). IIRC, there is an ornate mithril set and heavy mithril set. I would maintain two sets - a levelling set (heavy on dps) and a tanking set (max hp) for instances.

But the two kinds of gear are seldom of the same item level, so often you are better off mixing up gear as high level dps gear can be better than low level tank gear. If you want a "compromise" set, just pick the item with the highest item level (adjusting for blue vs green colour etc).

If your tank is an alt, and you can access gear from your BS main, then by all means get both. To be honest, I am not sure I would bother using BS gear in other circumstances - levelling just flies by so fast [the exception is levelling a tank in Northrend, where BS gear rocks]. But if you have a BS, go for it - min-maxing gear is fun imo, whatever level. And the way BS works, you only really get the full benefit of it with an alt (it levels more slowly than you do).
econ21

Return to Basic Training & Talents