Remove Advertisements

So... 4.0.1 hits and all that changes from 969 is "filler"3?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

So... 4.0.1 hits and all that changes from 969 is "filler"3?

Postby Fuin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:09 pm

I've read some topics like FAQ and things that i found there are ... disappoiting? We had our 969 rotation liked or not it was boring, and now it turns out that Grand Crusader in fact is bad talent, and we're back to rotation which looks like "filler"/(which are:holy wrath, judgement, avenger shield, cons and SotR)3/filler Ive even already saw macro for it, seriously? All these efforts of blizzard failed and we stand where we were before? plz someone tell me i'm wrong ;f.
Fuin

Re: So... 4.0.1 hits and all that changes from 969 is "filler"3?

Postby Arcand » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:05 pm

We currently have a predictable rotation, and not
many reasons to deviate from it.

One of Blizzard's major design goals was to make
predictable rotations go away, though, so we may
still have tweaks in our future.

Follow the news, post feedback for Blizzard, take
deep cleansing breaths. :)
Arcand

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:09 pm

Arcand wrote:Follow the news, post feedback for Blizzard, take

But only if you're Holy.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:

But only if you're Holy.

Purify no longer exists. There was always Cleanse and always will be Cleanse.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Arcand » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:

But only if you're Holy.

Oh, wait - we can't, because we're locked into our gapless rotation and can't possibly stop to cast Cleanse.

Edit: It was clear that I don't actually think this, right? I was lampooning GC's belief that
696 prevented us from using Hands, Cleanse, LoH and so on. Ok then, just making sure.
Arcand

Postby Awyndel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Ofc you can stop. Just don't miss a shield slam. Just coz you can press a button every gcd doesnt mean you have to. Some abilities matter more then others at different times.

You can switch between aoe and single target. You have like 8 choices for your 9 slots. We have 1 proc.

This is 100 times more interesting then 969, and I absolutely love every bit of it. I feel in control and chalenged to make choices at the same time. This is perfect and I hope they keep it in.
Awyndel

Postby Adryl » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:18 pm

I very much agree with you. I like how a lot of abilities now are all based on procs. It's the main reason I fell in love with my Arms warrior pre and post patch (Overpower is nice lol). It makes the game give options rather than the mundane rotation.
Adryl

Postby Vlad » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:19 pm

the name of the rotation might be similar, but the rotation is different, quite a lot different. with the 969 rotation you literally didn't need watch/know anything, just hit what came of CD, and it was generally right.

Now we've got things to watch, Holy power, GC procs when we're coming up to the bit in our rotation where it's either AS or HW, if GC procs hit AS.

GC isn't a bad talent, it's better than any alternative we have. threat wise it's just behind crusade, and adds that unpredictability you seem to want.

Personally I love our single target rotation and whats its become in 4.01, our aoe rotation could do with some changing though in my opinion.
Vlad

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:35 pm

It's hard to say, since we're missing some serious stuff until 85 -- there definitely feels like there's a gap, which supposedly Inquisition (@81) should fill.

There's more options, and there will be a very visibly significant difference between a tank spamming buttons, and a really skilled tank. Both might get the job done, but one will make their raid's lives a hell of a lot easier.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:38 am

Vlad wrote:Personally I love our single target rotation and whats its become in 4.01, our aoe rotation could do with some changing though in my opinion.

Hitting Holy Wrath on single targets feels really odd to me; I wish
they'd get rid of that. But the way its damage has been set up
it seems like they were planning for it to be single-target viable...

/shrug
Arcand

Postby econ21 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:21 am

Fuin wrote:... and now it turns out that Grand Crusader in fact is bad talent,

I don't believe this. As theckhd said, for AOE tanking it's an 11/10 talent. And given the "mandatory" talents, I think the alternative is talents to buff WoG. Right now, I am never tempted to use WoG - healers are doing fine, the mana shortage thing Blizzard are talking about has not come into effect at L80. And with heroics giving justice points, I am AOEing like crazy. Avenger Shield does about 26% of my damage. Grand Crusader may be my best talent (at least of the discretionary ones).

To me the big change in 4.01 is that we have to work to get threat. Before, it was fire seal of command and you are done. I find the post-patch play style more engaging - the we have more ranged attacks, we have more mana, we have a fun proc (GrC) and a kind of combo point thing (HoP). We don't have a cookie cutter spec. It's spiced things up, at least for me. Before, it was just too effortless.
econ21

Postby theckhd » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:47 am

econ21 wrote:Right now, I am never tempted to use WoG - healers are doing fine, the mana shortage thing Blizzard are talking about has not come into effect at L80.

On the contrary, I've found that WoG is pretty useful so far. It's a decent AoE threat finisher for heroics, for starters. Perhaps more importantly, our threat on bosses is through the roof once Vengeance is stacked - on Friday, I had nearly twice the threat of the leading DPS by the first air phase on Sindragosa hard mode. By phase 3, I could have auto-attacked for the rest of the fight and held aggro, so I started using WoG to dump HP to give the healers a hand.

That said, it's situational enough that I don't think it's worth speccing Eternal Glory over Grand Crusader (unless you're going all-out survival spec). I do have one point in GbtL for the Holy Shield and absorb effects though.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Awyndel » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Well if threat will be fine anyway. Might as well spec into guarded and eternal glory, they have a huge impact on the spell. Myself I'm still waiting to see how protector of the innocent will scale at lvl 85.

With reforging I have the luxury to pick up 8% hit and 26 expertise, just for utilities sake, I think they impact threat a lot more then the lower tier threat talents. And, I'm the kind of guy who would rather give up avoidance for threat then any utility or health/healing.
Awyndel

Postby Zalaria » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:00 am

Arcand wrote:
Vlad wrote:Personally I love our single target rotation and whats its become in 4.01, our aoe rotation could do with some changing though in my opinion.

Hitting Holy Wrath on single targets feels really odd to me; I wish
they'd get rid of that. But the way its damage has been set up
it seems like they were planning for it to be single-target viable...

/shrug

I wouldn't mind it so much if it wouldn't split its damage to critters -.-
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents