Remove Advertisements

Ardent Defender heal bugged?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Ardent Defender heal bugged?

Postby scalar » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:07 pm

I noticed running ICC last night that the AD heal was not giving 15% hp back. It was returning a random amount.

Tested it naked and same thing. Naked health was 9851 and AD 1st death healed for 1116 (~11%) and second time for only 530 (~5%).

scalar

Re: Ardent Defender heal bugged?

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:31 pm

can't read your combat text at all.

But here is how Ardent Defender's heal has worked since it was implemented this way.

If you are at or below the 15% health threshold and receive a killing blow Ardent Defender will absorb the killing blow and heal you for the amount needed to reach 15% of your health.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Zalaria » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:27 am

It's hard to see, but the attack before the 530 heal had 574 (i think) absorbed. That's 1104 together, which is close to the 1116 healed by the other.

The 1116 was probably from when you were above 15%, so you took the full damage and were healed to 15%, where the other you were probably below 15% so it absorbed the hit and healed you enough to reach 15%.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby theothersteve7 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:15 pm

The heal didn't trigger for me during H-Sindy last night. Popped it and was promptly one-shot, wiping the raid. I'm certain I got it off.

Are you saying that the heal only triggers if you're below 15% when you're dealt the killing blow? That's pretty awful.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Chicken » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:15 am

theothersteve7 wrote:The heal didn't trigger for me during H-Sindy last night. Popped it and was promptly one-shot, wiping the raid. I'm certain I got it off.
Unfortunately AD is somewhat lag sensitive; if you use it very shortly before a blow that would kill you, chances are the blow will kill you anyway. That's not an AD exclusive issue though, I'm certain if you were to ask your healers they've had plenty of situations where they landed a heal on someone and the game told them the heal landed, yet their target died anyway.
Chicken

Return to Basic Training & Talents