Remove Advertisements

Righteous Defense "broken"?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

Postby madmartygan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Finally some people who had the same problem I had. I asked this at ask the devs and I felt like a total noob when they answered that taunts dont miss since 3.9 patch. Everyone at the forum trolled my question. Perhaps I was vague in not pointing specifically at RD, but now it seems it will get fixed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... age=17#333

Among the interesting results of this round of Ask The Devs -

The question about Righteous Defense turned into an investigation of the code around Righteous Defense, and it was found to be bugged.

It was unintended for Righteous Defense to miss, so the bug was tracked down. It is being fixed immediately.
madmartygan

Postby Koatanga » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:22 pm

madmartygan wrote:Finally some people who had the same problem I had. I asked this at ask the devs and I felt like a total noob when they answered that taunts dont miss since 3.9 patch. Everyone at the forum trolled my question. Perhaps I was vague in not pointing specifically at RD, but now it seems it will get fixed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... age=17#333

Among the interesting results of this round of Ask The Devs -

The question about Righteous Defense turned into an investigation of the code around Righteous Defense, and it was found to be bugged.

It was unintended for Righteous Defense to miss, so the bug was tracked down. It is being fixed immediately.

I saw you got quite a bit of grief, but well done all the same. You brought attention to an issue that was ignored for months.

I wonder if it will end up being another example of preferential treatment of paladins - "Look, their issue got fixed right away while we're still broken".
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Raeli » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:30 pm

theckhd wrote:I actually got a "resist" message for RD last night in a heroic, according to RSA. I assumed that it was an addon bug.

More pertinent to this conversation, keep in mind that many mobs cast spells now, and may switch to a random target or drop target entirely. This is bad for Righteous Defense, as using it on the mob will transfer the RD cast to the current target, which may not be the highest person on the aggro table.

I know this is old, sorry, I only just noticed it now, but the taunt resist messages will only fire if SPELL_MISSED fires, which should only fire if the spell misses, that encompasess any reason - such as being immune or missing. You'll note though that RSA does have a unique message for resists and immunes, so it should state a different message if the mob is immune.

My addon isn't perfect but I do try and make sure really misinformative things like announcing resists that aren't really resists don't happen.
Raeli

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents