Remove Advertisements

4.3 Talent Spec & Glyph Guide

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: 4.0 Talent Spec & Glyph Guide

Postby theckhd » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:25 am

They might have hotfixed it already. If I can get a few other people to confirm this, I'll edit the guide.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Adryl » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:09 pm

I looked all of MT and I cannot seem to find it (yes I used search). It may be old news and since I've been out of touch with tanking but what is the block cap? and is there a mastery 'cap'?
Adryl

Postby Flitter » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:43 pm

There is no cap like a magic amount of mastery raiting to aim for. Obviously it depends on your other avoidance stats, too.

Code: Select all
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))

It's your combinded dodge chance, parry chance, block chance, 5% chance to be missed, and 15% holy shield buff, which should add up to 102,4% raid buffed. And thats just something around 100% without buffs.
Flitter

Postby steadypal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:15 pm

seems like they fixed it, dont have wol or anything just flew out of icc, let an abom hit me from behind, and i took more dmg with DP activated LOLOL

and FFS getting dazed is getting old already fix it blizz

i've noticed im g2g with mana if i hold out on holy wrath in my rotation and use GC as procs instead,,, geesh HW is a mana hog
steadypal

Postby Awyndel » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:02 pm

I am getting dazed if hit from behind too. Doesn't this mean we are getting crit? This could account for the increased damage you took. Even if they fixed the glyph it should not increase white damage taken.
Awyndel

Postby steadypal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:27 pm

Awyndel wrote:I am getting dazed if hit from behind too. Doesn't this mean we are getting crit? This could account for the increased damage you took. Even if they fixed the glyph it should not increase white damage taken.

wasnt getting crit , and you would take more dmg with the glyph because u wouldnt have phys dmg reduction
steadypal

Postby Awyndel » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Ah more then with cd before, I see.

Erhm Question about glyphs:

Why do we use consecrate really? I hardly use it single target and I'm having a lot of problems getting a stable aoe rotation for lvl 80, wouldn't it be better to have that button to press 6 seconds earlier for the current aoe rotation?
Awyndel

Postby econ21 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:36 am

Arincia wrote:Got to test out glyph of salv in raid today. Was OTing sindy at 98% threat didn't want to overtake MT so poped salv on myself (didn't have time to swap it out) and i had no threat (IG threat % went away) till till Salv wore off back and was at 88/90ish% threat. (would have to double cheack using omen to confirm but im fairly certain it works this way). It could be a nice way to do a pull by poping it on a high threat dps just before so you can get a good solid threat lead.

This is looking like my third major glyph now that divine protection is fixed. Sounds good for Festergut, for example, as well as for crazy dpsers.

I think our majors are very weak (e.g. compared to prot warriors where there some very nice ones - e.g. +1 target for cleave). I am taking consecration and ascetic crusader as my other two, although I am not convinced by the latter (given that I generally spam hotr and anyway mana is fine now).

I would not recommend focus shield to people running five mans. I glyphed it pre-patch and loved it, but now we lack SoC, I think it is a bad choice. AS is doing 26% of my dps in heroics atm.
econ21

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:59 am

Awyndel wrote:Ah more then with cd before, I see.

Why do we use consecrate really? I hardly use it single target and I'm having a lot of problems getting a stable aoe rotation for lvl 80, wouldn't it be better to have that button to press 6 seconds earlier for the current aoe rotation?

To increase the dmg and duration WHEN you have to use it.
You hardly use it tho, but when you do you can get a little extra out of it, theres not like theres many other glyphs to choose from anyway :S
Treck

Postby Chicken » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:04 am

Treck wrote:
Awyndel wrote:Ah more then with cd before, I see.

To increase the dmg and duration WHEN you have to use it.
You hardly use it tho, but when you do you can get a little extra out of it, theres not like theres many other glyphs to choose from anyway :S
I also find it easier to work in with the Consecration glyph, it makes the cooldown 36 seconds which is a neat multiple of 9. That way you can consistently replace the same ability with it: I went with Judgement since it's pretty weak in an AoE situation and Sanctuary provides a nice amount of mana in those.
Chicken

Postby aresius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:58 am

Hey, first of all i wanted to thank Theckhd for the effor and time to test prot paladins and share his results with us.
Yet i would like to put out a question regarding the talent build proposed for paladins. Atm I dual speced prot to test both the WoG and threat builds. Im prefering to try out WoG, im finding threat managable.
However, im very tempted to drop the 2 points in wrath of the lightbringer.
At the moment, testing on a dummy and with that talent, crusader strike is dealing less damage then Hammer of the Righteous For single target damage (of course, i have t10 2 piece bonus and glyphs for increaased hammer damage).
Given this, im using hammer of the righteous in my single target rotation rather then crusader strike. Since im not using crusader strike at all, All i get from WotlB is 60% judgement damage and a increased crit chance for wrath... Im feeling its worth it to swap these points to consecration (mainly for mana efficiency) and try to put out another on Crusade (ret tree), at least untill crusader strike gets some kind of buff.
I just wanted to see if i am missing something on this reasoning.
Thanks in advance.
aresius

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:19 pm

aresius wrote:Yet i would like to put out a question regarding the talent build proposed for paladins. Atm I dual speced prot to test both the WoG and threat builds. Im prefering to try out WoG, im finding threat managable.
However, im very tempted to drop the 2 points in wrath of the lightbringer.
At the moment, testing on a dummy and with that talent, crusader strike is dealing less damage then Hammer of the Righteous For single target damage (of course, i have t10 2 piece bonus and glyphs for increaased hammer damage).
Given this, im using hammer of the righteous in my single target rotation rather then crusader strike. Since im not using crusader strike at all, All i get from WotlB is 60% judgement damage and a increased crit chance for wrath...

Theres something really wrong if your hammer hits harder than crusader strike with WotL.
Hammer will hit harder if you dont spend points in WotL.

aresius wrote:Im feeling its worth it to swap these points to consecration (mainly for mana efficiency) and try to put out another on Crusade (ret tree), at least untill crusader strike gets some kind of buff.

If your looking for more dmg, consecration is among the worst choises to spend talents on, but crusade is a good choise
Treck

Postby Adryl » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Didn't I read something here that HotR will hit harder regardless of the spec for CS? Maybe it was single target. But I agree. Theckhd is a beast and I cannot thank him enough.
Adryl

Postby theckhd » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 pm

It looks like CS was stealth-buffed today, with that change CS will likely be ahead even if all of the bugs with HotR are fixed (2pT10 and Glyph are still not affecting the AoE portion).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Treck » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:08 am

The numbers i got the day of the 4.0 patch was that my crusader strike was ahead of my Hammer.
Dunno what could make that differ really.
But doesnt crusader strike scale with weapon and AP, while hamer scales with AP? (atleast the aoe portion)
Thus with a "slow" weapon Crusader strike would end up with more dmg than hammer.
But with a fast "tank" weapon crusader would end up a lot less?
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents