Remove Advertisements

Aggro problems

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Aggro problems

Postby Elfpla01 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:47 pm

My problem is i am finding it really hard to gain or even keep aggro when i am running random HC's. This is becoming a very frustrating problem and i have no idea what i am doing wrong i REALLY need some help please.

I don't think my gear is to bad at the moment yes i know i need to sort out my enchants and there are some better items i could get but i am working on these slowly.

My gear = http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chamber+of+Aspects&cn=Elfpla&gn=Dragon+Lords

I am using the 96969 rotation but finding i am having problems running out of mana very quickly and having to use mana potions on nearly all my fight i am keeping Divine plea up as much as i can also aswell. I really don't know what i am doing wrong. i have been advised to pull more mobs to keep my mana up, but this comes back to the problem of being able to gain and hold the aggro on multiple mobs.

PLEASE HELP ME :D
Elfpla01

Re: Aggro problems

Postby Dantriges » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Seems to me that you are in the process of gearing up to T 10 content.

You are running random heroics, probably with people who outgear you.

You could equip dps equipemnt but this will be a problem for your survivability.

Stuff I hear is that DPS doesn´t care about such exotic concepts like aggro manage management. I stopped doing heroics a long time ago because I dont´t like to be bothered with stupid and this "Lol, I whack he mob as hard as I can anddon´t care if the tank loses aggro" mentality is stupid.

Tanking is a a team effort. You set the baseline and your task is to give a baseline as high as possible but others have to look out what the baseline is. If your equipment is unable to provide more tps, then there isn´t much you can do.

You could mark a mob that dps focuses on but if the dd you pug with is as stupid as the guys I know, you only get a lol.

I think you can only sustain the full rotation if you pull more mobs but considering that "Oh a mob let´s shoot it" is widespread within the dps community, they probably peel the previous mobs off you, before you can get to the next mob group.

I dropped consecration unless it was a pull biger than 3 or 4 mobs. Worked pretty good.

So be clear what your curren gear status is and advise them to take their time. If they nuke like mad, it´s their faultand their repair bill. Take care of the healer though.

Take my adcvice with a grain of salt, I am a thoroughly dissatisfied with the current state of affairs guy.
Dantriges

Postby Pizbit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:52 pm

My advice. Forget 96 on everything except single target.

The AoE rotation is as follows:
Use Seal of Command, Blessing of Sanctuary.
Avengers Shield and toss a Hand of Reckoning on a 4th mob before AS hits.
Pop Divine Plea, Holy Shield(if time, else wait for later)
As soon as possible, use Hammer of the righteous.
Consecrate(Only once per pull except in ICC heroics where mobs last long enough for 2).
Use everything else until...
KEEP HAMMER OF RIGHTEOUS OF COOLDOWN. Do NOT let it be off cooldown for more than the time it takes to finish the current GCD
Tab around a little.

I'm actually really slack on using holy shield and don't usually end up doing it until 'everything else'
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:29 pm

As far as mana goes, two questions:

Are you putting Blessing of Sanctuary on yourself?

Are you chain pulling, ensuring that Divine Plea stay up continuously from pull to pull?

As long as you're doing those two things, mana should not be an issue.

My tank gear is far below a lot of DPS (~4.4kgs), and I've only run into a few problem with aggro. SoComm and opening with HotR are two very good ideas. I also highly recommend the HotR glyph for heroics.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents