Talents for Soloing

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Talents for Soloing

Postby Ushas » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:53 am

I am a full time tankadin that doesn't make use of their offspec. I'm not eager to collect and maintain a second set of gear for soloing but figured that I could at least use dualspec to have a better soloing mode. I know that my advantage comes from pulling lots of mobs when questing, doing dailies, so figure I'll still focus my efforts in the protection tree. Some tanking talents are completely useless when soloing such as divine sacrifice. Divine guardian gives a boost to Sacred Shield but probably isn't worth the investment. Spiritual Attunement is completely useless as I won't be receiving heals. I think that the main focus needs to be AoE moves and damage output but I'm not sure if its worth speccing as far into the Prot tree for Hammer of Righteous.

Most of the time I'll probably be using Seal of Command so it would be worth speccing its glyph so that I get 8% mana back every time I judge. I'm not sure if I should use BoSanc or BoW. At the moment when soloing I use BoW but with Seal of Command's glyph I hopefully wouldn't need it. Does anyone have any soloing offspec talent/glyph combinations they use that they can share? I appreciate that quite a few of you might have a set of DPS gear but I don't feel like going down the route of maintaining a second set of gear.

Any help that you can provide will be much appreciated :)
Ushas

Re: Talents for Soloing

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:04 am

What, exactly, are you wanting to solo? Questing? Farming? Raid bosses? This is a slightly modified version of the talent tree used by Inthedrops to shame DPSers in heroics. It focuses on maximizing damage output.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Ushas » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 am

A mixture of quests and farming. I'm looking to burn through groups of mobs nice and fast. The talent tree you suggested looks pretty good except it lacks Pursuit of Justice. Sanctity of Battle favours moves I won't be able to use so I can take 1 talent point out of there. As for the second one, I'm guessing 2% extra damage to the majority of mobs is better than 1% extra crit chance.

I think I'll try that with the major glyphs suggested and, if I have mana problems, I'll replace Glyph of Divine Plea (as it's 3% less damage taken, not improving damage output) with Glyph of Seal of Command.
Ushas

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:47 am

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0xAMkghsIubdts0dbf:0Np

You shouldn't ever have mana problems. Keep DP up, keep BoSanc on, and stay in combat 100% of the time.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents