Remove Advertisements

seal of command vs. seal of vengeance

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

seal of command vs. seal of vengeance

Postby Amideus » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Alright I use seal of command for aoe control, but when I get into icc i get alot of crap about using it in icc at all, Most say use vengeance.

Incase you want my talent breakdown
Amideus: Shattered halls
Amideus

Re: seal of command vs. seal of vengeance

Postby blakk » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Use it for ae only. Don't use it on bosses except for adds when you are the add tank.
blakk

Postby chinoquezada » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:34 pm

blakk wrote:Use it for ae only. Don't use it on bosses except for adds when you are the add tank.

SoC is the goto Seal for trash and heroics but it is not optimal for ICC boss adds (specially in HMs) because:

1. You are tanking less than 3 mobs at the same time.
2. Your dps are (or should be) dpsing down one priority target at a time.

1 and 2 describe Deathwhisper and Dreamwalker HMs almost completely short of the damn Abom worms. So SoV is my seal for bosses with adds.
For those cases either ask your rogues to tricks or just make your dps wait for a couple of consecrate ticks + holy shield + 1 HotR.

I have henceforth moved that point back to conviction as a point just for trash is nonsensical for my needs.

I used to ran with SoC on boss adds but after I started running HMs and my raid dps started getting decked out, my tps began lag behind so I re-reviewed Theck's numbers on Seal Comparison (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... ic#p522485) and made the change described above.
I also started to gear specifically for add fights as well.
chinoquezada

Postby blakk » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:48 pm

For things that die quick SoC would still be my choice for anything. Adds on deathwhisper die before I hammer three times and the damage is bursty from the dps so I use SoC to burst threat. Same with dreamwalker. I'm a normal mode tank so if the adds survive significantly longer vengence may be a choice I make for hardmodes but I doubt they stay alive long enough for vengence to catch up to the soc burst.
blakk

Postby chinoquezada » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:12 pm

In the case of my raid, Deathwhisper25 HM adds stay alive 30-40secs depending on the Deformed or Empowered situation each side has.
chinoquezada

Postby blakk » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:19 pm

chinoquezada wrote:In the case of my raid, Deathwhisper25 HM adds stay alive 30-40secs depending on the Deformed or Empowered situation each side has.

A deformed fanatic wont be getting stacks from sov because it's not being tanked(kited) and empowered adherents are special and like to ignore you a lot anyway.
blakk

Postby chinoquezada » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:26 am

blakk wrote:
chinoquezada wrote:In the case of my raid, Deathwhisper25 HM adds stay alive 30-40secs depending on the Deformed or Empowered situation each side has.

A deformed fanatic wont be getting stacks from sov because it's not being tanked(kited) and empowered adherents are special and like to ignore you a lot anyway.

In HM:

- Deformed Fanatics are generally created either while another fanatic is still up or just about a new set of adds are about to spawn. In either case, I still have adds to worry about while kitting it.
- At least 1 Adherents is "tanked" by melee dps on each side. If it becomes Empowered, it dies slower due to not all add dps being physical and adds stay alive longer for that.
- Reanimated Fanatics/Adherents are pretty much the same mob but the whole RP that happens while they are being reanimated makes you loose dps time on that mob.
chinoquezada

Postby Epimer » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:01 am

Amideus wrote:Incase you want my talent breakdown
Amideus: Shattered halls

I know you didn't specifically ask about other aspects of your build, but you might want to check out this thread for some pointers. There are some things in your build/glyphs that are pretty far from being optimum.
Epimer

Postby Amideus » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:51 pm

all info is helping, My gl is the tank that taught me and just recently i found out his build is not good for raids so im trying to relearn what is best so i can become a better tank
Amideus

Return to Basic Training & Talents