Remove Advertisements

Glancing blows

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Glancing blows

Postby Shathus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:21 am

So the only time I seem to heal anymore is on Dreamwalker in our 10 man run, and since I extended the raid lock-out for this coming week, I decided I would respec ret for a bit to have some face-smashing fun while I can. After getting all my stuff set-up, I headed over to the target dummy to see what kind of dps I could do. After banging on the dummy for awhile and looking at recount, it seemed like 70% (I think... or some very high %) of my normal melee hits were glancing blows and therefore didn't hit very hard.

I was thinking about it this morning, and then it occurred to me, my weapon skill for 2H swords probably isn't maxed out (the armory doesn't seem to have anywhere to view weapon skill that I can see?). Does that seem the likely culprit? I went and hit the normal lvl 80 dummy for awhile and my dps was much higher due few glancing blows, and just trying to figure out if I need to go home and whack on mobs tonight.

Thanks
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Re: Glancing blows

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:44 am

Yeah, Glances come from a difference in weapon skill vs mob's defense skill. If it's not maxed, your glancing will be higher.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents