help me figure out why me threat sucks

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

help me figure out why me threat sucks

Postby lucem » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:39 am

so i was running ICC 25 yesterday and i noticed my threat sucks big time, i was running with a paladin who overgeared me by quite a bit, so i expected him to outthreat me, the thing is i was running with a dk too, about the same gear lvl and he was doing it too.
Thats not all i also did my weekly with the guild, and the other tankadin, a bit under my gear but with 3 t10, was also giving me threat headaches. So this was anoying as hell.

My profile is being a pain in the ass in the armory for some reason, its been telling me my profile cant be found severals days. So ill post a wow heroes cached link. The only difference between the one you see there and my current gear is to replace the chestplate of towering monstruosity for the cataclismic chestguard.

So plz help me out, because I dont know what to do. I have 300 hit rating, so over the soft cap there, 82 expertise rating plus the glyph of SoV which puts me over the softcap once again. Is the t10 2 piece bonus that good to make the pally in my guild out threat me? Or do i just suck at gearing? (very possibly its this option)

anyways your help would be very welcome.

Lucem @ hyjal on wowheroes

or my armory (if it actually works because it doesnt most of the time for some reason)
lucem

Re: help me figure out why me threat sucks

Postby kenshin648 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Are you on a EU or US realm?
Give me blood
kenshin648

Postby lucem » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:57 pm

whoops sry i forgot to mention that part, its lucem @hyjal US :)
lucem

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:23 am

Your gear looks fine, you can use a slow dps weapon for more tps (though you probably know that) but overall 2PT10 is a big threat boost, and someone with similar gear to you will do ... I didn't check how much but I'm sure it'll be around 5% more threat than you.

Did you check if the others got tricks/MD ? Sometimes I despair over not being able to hold aggro when the other tanks gets all the tricks/MD and I have to handle myself :<

BigBrother will notify you of tricks/MD casts and on who.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:19 am

And if the DK was being a dick he might've been doing an Icy Touch machine gun to overthreat you.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Return to Basic Training & Talents