Remove Advertisements

Consecration question

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Consecration question

Postby Carthial » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:47 am

So i am 76 right now just shy of 77, and i was doing a few randoms last night DTK and VH, and was noticing afterwards that i never used consecrate. I didnt have any threat problems even with a DnD happy dk in the VH run. My question is is there any need to have it in my rotation outside of raiding. Thanks
Carthial

Re: Consecration question

Postby Jasari » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:48 am

What are you doing instead with that 1.5 seconds?

Not using consecration for mana reasons makes sense, but if you have the mana there's no reason NOT to use it.
Jasari

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:11 am

DEE PEE ESS

pewpew in other words

You should win overall damage done.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:09 am

I think this question should be in Basic Training?
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby lythac » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 am

Carthial wrote:So i am 76 right now just shy of 77, and i was doing a few randoms last night DTK and VH, and was noticing afterwards that i never used consecrate. I didnt have any threat problems even with a DnD happy dk in the VH run. My question is is there any need to have it in my rotation outside of raiding. Thanks

All the pulls in VH come in 3 max and are more than 30 seconds apart? So your HotR, Avengers Shield and SoC (if using SoC)land on all the targets you have to tank. You want to start dropping it if a) you have mana to spare b) larger trash packs.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Lionnis » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 am

lythac wrote:
Carthial wrote:So i am 76 right now just shy of 77, and i was doing a few randoms last night DTK and VH, and was noticing afterwards that i never used consecrate. I didnt have any threat problems even with a DnD happy dk in the VH run. My question is is there any need to have it in my rotation outside of raiding. Thanks

All the pulls in VH come in 3 max and are more than 30 seconds apart? So your HotR, Avengers Shield and SoC (if using SoC)land on all the targets you have to tank. You want to start dropping it if a) you have mana to spare b) larger trash packs.

I agree with this for the most part; I've noticed that I only have trouble keeping my DP up during the transition packs in VH which causes some mana issues, I do try and hit critters to keep it up but there aren't that many so i usually refrain from using consecrate in this dungeon but on all other dungeons and raids everything gets consecrated as I don't have any mana problems at all. So yeah, i'd use it pretty much 99 percent of the time for the extra DPS if nothing else.
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents