Remove Advertisements

Call me lazy

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Call me lazy

Postby Carthial » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:37 am

I probably have dug deep enough to really ask this but to be honest my tankadin is an alt (which to be honest is becoming my favorite. But to the reason I posted. I keep reading about 969 and I under stand the basic concept but im wondering if someone could tell me what are the best spells to use in what spot. thanks for any help you can give.
Carthial

Re: Call me lazy

Postby Anorian » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:45 am

directly copied from maintakadin 101:

To get the most from your abilities you need to get a good rotation, one that doesn’t leave a lot of room waiting for cooldowns etc.
The most common rotation is called the 96969 rotation. The numbers stand for the time the ability cools down in the rotation. For this rotation you’ll need to put 1 point in improved judgement. Consecrate is only an 8 sec cd, but you cant squeeze the rotation any tighter than this.
You choose what order you want to do the rotation.
The 9 sec cooldown abilities are Holy shield, Judgement and Consecrate.
The 6 sec cooldown abilities are Hammer of the righteous and Shield of Righteousness.
Note: At 70 you won't have Shield of Righteousness. You can practice this rotation by exchanging Shield of Righteousness with SoR and SoV every other 6sec cd.
This way you well get both the SoV dot and the extra damage from SoR per hit. (aka. Seal Twisting.)

00.0 - 9 sec One.
01.5 - 6 sec A.
03.0 - 9 sec Two.
04.5 - 6 sec B.
06.0 - 9 sec Three.
07.5 - 6 sec A.
09.0 - 9 sec One.
10.5 - 6 sec B.
12.0 - 9 sec Two.
13.5 - 6 sec A.
15.0 - 9 sec Three.
16.5 - 6 sec B.

After that it starts over again.
This rotation will not waste a single global cooldown. And then you just work in holy wrath, exorcism and avenger’s shield when needed, don’t worry about interrupting the rotation too much.
Anorian

Postby hoho » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 am

It doesn't really matter what spells you use. If you use 6s cooldown alternating with 9(8)s one there generally shouldn't be much of a choise anyway as only one ability out of five would not be on cooldown.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Carthial » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:59 am

Ok thansk for the replys I just wasnt sure if there was and optimal way to run the rotation spell wise i mean but looks as though its plug and play
Carthial

Postby warden » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:04 am

Possibly we should update that now that exorcism isn't an instant.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Playdoh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:16 am

It varies for me.

There is a 2 priority system that I seem to use.

One reason I don't want to macro the rotation, is because I can switch it around depending on aoe or single target, hard hitting or not.

For packs of 4 or more, prioritize hammer over shield bash. And consecrate over judgement or HS. Once it's one or 2 mobs prioritize judgement over consecrate.

For single target I prioritize judgement over consecrate and HS.

For hard hitting stuff I prioritize HS over judgement and consecrate.

Where my health is a concern I prioritize HS more than judgement or consecrate.

Where I am waiting for a spawn of 4 or more mobs and not running to them i will drop concecrate where they spawn, then hammer, judgement etc etc.

One reason I don't consecrate on opening of packs 4 or more is because they aren't in position yet. Starting with hammer and then consecrate seems to work better for positioning.

Everything is still in the 969 but with a tight gcd, doing things like self cleansing/hoj/holy wrath or anything that breaks into the 969 it's good to have a priority of where to fit it in, or where to start back again.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 pm

ok

your lazy!

better?

(sory had to be done im just glad i beat everyone to it! :D :twisted: )

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Return to Basic Training & Talents