I am having threat issues in icc10/voa please help

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

I am having threat issues in icc10/voa please help

Postby sixnine » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:58 pm

To start off i do use the 96969 rotation and usually try to lead off with wings->avenger shield->sov but i am having some general threat problems.

I am not the most geared tank out there. This is only day 7 of being 80 i believe. I am oting a icc10 group with a warrior who can burst 15k tps and i don't seam to ever get above 9k. Is my gear terrible? Should i move to the cookie cutter 0/53/18 spec? Do i need to change my gemming? Please help.

My armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Sixnine

The mt warrior:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Labeled
sixnine

Re: I am having threat issues in icc10/voa please help

Postby Zobel » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Those points in seal of the pure would benefit your dps/threat in ICC more if spent in crusade. SotP benefits you more in VoA though.

You're missing a shoulder enchant. They're bind on account, so mail one over if you can. The pvp one shouldn't take long to grind if you have to do it on that toon. Doesn't matter for threat.

Your boot speed enchant doesn't stack with pursuit of justice, so switch to +22 stam. Doesn't matter for threat.

You aren't expertise softcapped, so that's hurting your threat.
Zobel

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:38 pm

since your not hit capped i would switch the HoR glyph for the RD glyphhttp://www.wowhead.com/?item=41100, for the tank swaps on toravon and suarfang, wont help your trash threat but with AS, Cons, and HW, you shouldnt have any troubles.

also in ICC, are you tracking undead? if not then the sense undead glyph does nothing. that stacked with crusade should boost your threat a bit in ICC at least

looking at your gear, i would say get your gems upgraded, that will help some...
the threat enchant on gloves? i wpuld put the 26 agil on them, it will give you avoidence, threat and armor

sheild- you are at 556 def you dont need the defense enchant, id go with 18 stam
same goes for the cloak, id go the agil enchant on it too

i would also try to pick up the str libram, should have it for ret too, that will help ALOT with threat, and in my expirience, the proc rate is pretty good

i would also try to get Saronite Swordbreakers crafted too

thats about it for now.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby beornus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Zobel has good guidance above. The cookie cutter you refrence is the threat build.

If threat really is an issue (not an issue for Marrorgar but is for LD and Saurfang) equip the Lady's Promise for your Unsmashable ring for more threat. It has more STR and STAM but also has crit and Expertise at the loss of Def which you can afford to lose (you are at 556) and some Block.

Also want to get some more Stam where you can, there isn't a lot of room for error assuming you buff to about 37-40k in 10 man? Zobel's suggestions will help a great deal there also.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby Vorianloken » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm

yes definitely go for the standard crusade spec, make sure to keep sense undead on

40 stam gem in your bracers

275 hp enchant on chest

22 agi on cloak to help with threat

pure stam gem in shoulders with the pvp enchant

32 stam meta in helm

accuracy on your weapon for threat

ret 245 libram

22 stam to boots

and glyph of RD to replace hammer
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Zobel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:47 am

You also have an empty socket and a missing socket (blacksmithing) on your wrist. Fill those.
Zobel

Postby sixnine » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 am

Armory had not yet updated for those slots. Thanks for alerting em to the soft hit cap i had for some reason ignored that entirely when looking for gear.

I plan to now invest heavily in expertise and stam.
sixnine

Postby Kale » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Another nice choice would be to get a new weapon. Even if it's a 'dps' weapon. The dps increase on the mace would make quite a noticeable increase in your HoR, and well as boosting your white dmg, giving you a solid threat boost. I'm personally using Gutbuster from Festergut for that very reason. (I've got shit luck for tanking weapon drops.) The hit rating on it would also probably be quite nice for you.
ImageImage
Kale

Return to Basic Training & Talents