Is the tank happy with me using Death and Decay?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Is the tank happy with me using Death and Decay?

Postby Arcand » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Johalin wrote:...It's not much different than having over-geared, over-eager, AoE happy dps pulling aggro off you.


The difference is, I care more when one of the ghouls dies. ;)
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Re: Is the tank happy with me using Death and Decay?

Postby Johalin » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:11 am

Arcand wrote:
Johalin wrote:...It's not much different than having over-geared, over-eager, AoE happy dps pulling aggro off you.


The difference is, I care more when one of the ghouls dies. ;)


Yeah, poor little ghouls.
Image
User avatar
Johalin
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:44 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Is the tank happy with me using Death and Decay?

Postby Pizbit » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:22 am

Johalin wrote:I feel that AotD can be very helpful when used intelligently, sadly it's not always used that way. But a good tank should be able to maintain control once AotD is gone and not have to worry about it for the remainder of the run. It's not much different than having over-geared, over-eager, AoE happy dps pulling aggro off you.


Yeah I love using AotD and having others use it when I take in several instances. Other times I want to punt the stupid DK :D
When AotD is used on a 'safe' boss I just taunt after 10 seconds or so, then wait for them to all die.

One example of aotd being great is after the second boss in HoL for the final wave of statues that come to life, DK tanking I summon AotD in the corner, drop DnD in the corner as well, then just run forward to proc the statues. Turns an annoying chaotic 'run around and gather adds and hope DPsers don't target a different one each to get pwned' to a 'lol afk while army does all the work'.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Re: Is the tank happy with me using Death and Decay?

Postby Tenaka » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:35 am

Did a DK just cast Raise Dead on this thread? o_O
Tenaka
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:58 am

Re: Is the tank happy with me using Death and Decay?

Postby Arcand » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:18 am

Pizbit wrote:One example of aotd being great is after the second boss in HoL for the final wave of statues that come to life, DK tanking I summon AotD in the corner, drop DnD in the corner as well, then just run forward to proc the statues. Turns an annoying chaotic 'run around and gather adds and hope DPsers don't target a different one each to get pwned' to a 'lol afk while army does all the work'.


Nice on the second boss, too. His statues dump their threat every couple seconds so despite
all efforts to taunt/stun them they end up inflicting their (laughable) damage on casters...
last night a DK dropped Army there and the statues got nicely embroiled in it. I took a moment
in the middle of the fight to /cheer /praise the DK.
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Re: Is the tank happy with me using Death and Decay?

Postby Pizbit » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Arcand wrote:Nice on the second boss, too. His statues dump their threat every couple seconds so despite
all efforts to taunt/stun them they end up inflicting their (laughable) damage on casters...
last night a DK dropped Army there and the statues got nicely embroiled in it. I took a moment
in the middle of the fight to /cheer /praise the DK.


Huh, I'm actually surprised anyone pays attention to them, even when I first went to HoL over a year ago now I never did. Just tank'n'spanked'n'nuked boss, looted and walked on.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adeya and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Adeya and 1 guest