Mana Issues HHoS event

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Mana Issues HHoS event

Postby Sacha » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:22 am

Hello all

I just got back into tanking after a 1 year hiatus and ended up in a total failpug last night in HHoS.

Now - I could just blame it on the healer and DPS - the healer stood in the laser and the dps included a 700 dps rogue and a 1200 dps warlock - but one problem I was really having during the event was getting generating threat on all the mobs that were incoming at the ~4:30 mark of the event due to mana issues.

I realise that I could stand in the laser myself - and that I would take damage and therefore gain mana, but with a borderline healer (tbh, I think he was more or less AFK) I suspect that would have resulted in my death.

Any suggestions on maintaining threat on that group? With Consecrate eating so much of my mana it was just an overall bad experience. It didn't help when 2/3 of the DPS stood in the laser as well. I ended up being the last one standing and died just as the event concluded.
Sacha

Re: Mana Issues HHoS event

Postby Zobel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:32 am

Try not to use consecration too much. It's really only for laying down on one side of the entrance way, while you're picking up packs on the other side with hammer of the righteous. You can also mostly keep divine plea up between groups if you're fighting them in the entrance, which you should.
Zobel

Postby Sacha » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 am

Alright - should I end up back in that hell-hole, I'll make a point of trying that :lol:

It just was so annoying after the previous two times in there where there was decent DPS and no issues.
Sacha

Postby blkthunder » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Even with geared dps all it takes is to stand on the left side and wait for the mobs to charge you, HotR them and run to the other side to judge the mobs running in. Then HoR the big mechanical and ur set. that'll have them all in consecration range or just use seal of cleave to keep em glued to you.

If dps is really fail then you can always switch to jow as they shouldnt pull.
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Postby Arcand » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:25 pm

blkthunder wrote:Even with geared dps all it takes is to stand on the left side and wait for the mobs to charge you...

I hate to be a wet blanket, but four times out of five if you stand on the left side and wait you'll see a hunter pet and a death knight pile into the bad guys well before they reach the first step. If you want to tank anything in that fight, you have to be at least as aggressive as your most impatient DPS. :(
Arcand

Postby blkthunder » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Lol true but i guess i should clarify that i stand at the edge of the hallway far before the steps. they should charge you almost as soon as they spawn.
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Postby Njall » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:27 am

blkthunder wrote:Lol true but i guess i should clarify that i stand at the edge of the hallway far before the steps. they should charge you almost as soon as they spawn.

And I carry a mana pot just for such emergencies. Stuff happens, y'know?
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Ljtibs » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:16 am

If you are an alch this works wonders: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43570
Ljtibs

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:28 pm

If you are decently geared, do what i do.
A. spec into SoComm.
B. get SoComm glyph - 8% mana return on judement.
C. Replace stam trinket with +128 int trimph trinket.

If mana pool is still an issue, replace another bit of gear with holy plate stuffed full of +int gems
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Return to Basic Training & Talents