Question about Glyp of Salvation

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Question about Glyp of Salvation

Postby Kite874 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 am

ok recently i aquired expertise softcap and was thinking of dropping my SoV glyph for another one. My other 2 glyphs are DP and hammer or righteous for the +1 attack. I was thinkin myself for the Holy wrath glyph for a more consistent aoe stun in ICC but now some of my guildies tell me Salvation is better. They told me that i can cast salvation on ANY groupmember and i will still get the benefit from the 20%. Any truth in this? the tooltip clearly states "When you cast Hand of Salvation on yourself, it also reduces damage taken by 20%." not "When you cast Hand of Salvation on any group member, it also reduces the casters damage taken by 20%."

Anyone able to enlighten me if this is actualy the case? tried searchin but didnt find any relevant threats
Kite874

Re: Question about Glyp of Salvation

Postby Metherlance » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:32 am

It only works when you cast it on yourself.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby Kite874 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:43 am

Metherlance wrote:It only works when you cast it on yourself.

thnx for the quick responce. I tought the exact same thing but me guildies made me doubt so wanted some confirmation.
Kite874

Postby Arcand » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:51 am

It depends what you're tanking, of course, but personally I'd dump the Hammer glyph long before I'd dump the Vengeance one. Are you satisfied that you know how good expertise is?
Arcand

Postby Kite874 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:12 am

Arcand wrote:It depends what you're tanking, of course, but personally I'd dump the Hammer glyph long before I'd dump the Vengeance one. Are you satisfied that you know how good expertise is?

i am softcapped on expertise, its currently 27 without SoV. I got 2p T10 and love the hammer glyph in combo with its T10 bonus

My current armory link:
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... land&n=Ube

Im considering 2 options atm wich is T10 251 chest or the 264 emblem chest wich is making the SoV glyph even more obsolete. With the T10 chest i am able to switch my gloves to [item]Veincrusher Gauntlets[/item] wich also has a fair amount of expertise. Now with upcoming changes to tanking t10 gloves/chest i think the t10 chest is a stronger option seein ill loose quite a hefty ammount of mitigation if i stick with t10 gloves and got for offset 264 emblem chest. and the chest only will loose the defence wich isnt to much of a problem atm. Any opinions about it?
Kite874

Postby Njall » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 am

Kite874 wrote:Im considering 2 options atm wich is T10 251 chest or the 264 emblem chest wich is making the SoV glyph even more obsolete. With the T10 chest i am able to switch my gloves to [item]Veincrusher Gauntlets[/item] wich also has a fair amount of expertise. Now with upcoming changes to tanking t10 gloves/chest i think the t10 chest is a stronger option seein ill loose quite a hefty ammount of mitigation if i stick with t10 gloves and got for offset 264 emblem chest. and the chest only will loose the defence wich isnt to much of a problem atm. Any opinions about it?

Softcap of 27 is only good for DPS who stand behind the mob and don't deal with parry. You want a higher number - 54 I belive.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby blakk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:00 am

The sov glyph is our best glyph for threat until hard capped which the op is not. I'd replace the hammer before sov
blakk

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:17 am

blakk wrote:The sov glyph is our best glyph for threat until hard capped which the op is not. I'd replace the hammer before sov

I agree. Hammer Glyph is useless on current raid content (unless you care about big numbers on trash).
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents