I dont just want to be good

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

I dont just want to be good

Postby hotmenotu » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:21 pm

I love my pally and i love tanking with her.And i have always felt like i understood what i was doing and my spec/gems/enchnats worked for me.I have never tanked something and ppl has said it was not good BUT as i have been reading the post on here it looks like i have not been doing it the best i could have been and well that just will not work for me.so it looks like i am going to have to go back and rethink everthing i was doing from spec to gems i have used my spec for along time but it looks like the 0/53/18 spec is the way to go now So if anyone wants to give me any feed back on how i can do what i am doing now and make it even better plz let me know hope to hear from yall and happy hunting
hotmenotu

Re: I dont just want to be good

Postby Aedh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:08 am

Usually an armory link is a good thing to include.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Re: I dont just want to be good

Postby Epimer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:44 am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Hotmenotu

Spec: you're correct in that moving to a 0/53/18 build would definitely be an improvement. For raid tanking current content (ToC and ICC), a Crusade build will be more threat than any build with 5/5 Seals of the Pure. Divinity is more or less considered to be a waste of points. 1/5 Benediction is a wasted talent point too. And the big clanger: not taking Judgements of the Just. Yes, it works on bosses. It's a mandatory mitigation talent, no excuses.

Glyphs: Glyph of Seal of Vengeance is a better threat glyph than Glyph of Judgement, even if it takes you past the expertise soft cap. The other two are fine.

Gemming: all over the place. Hybrid defense gems when you're at 591 defense are more or less wasted, as those gem slots could be used to pick up more stamina (and the consensus is still that, in current content, EH is king). Strength gems are never necessary outside of gimmick threat sets and should not be in your main tanking gear. You should read Digren's gemming and enchanting guide and adjust accordingly - your gemming right now makes little sense.

Enchants: 10 stats to chest and Armsman on gloves are both threat options, and there are superior survivability enchants for each slot. Defense on back and shield could both be replaced with agility/armour and stamina respectively. No weapon enchant. As above, see Digren's guide for pointers on the better options.
Epimer

Return to Basic Training & Talents