Remove Advertisements

Subpar Threat

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Subpar Threat

Postby Dynam » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Hey there, I rarely post on this site, but something has been bugging me for the past week that I'm just not able to grasp as to why. For the last week, my threat seems to have gone from what was anywhere from 10-12k TPS down to if, I'm lucky, 9.5k.

The only changes I made in my gear was I upgraded to the 264 T10 chest from the 245 T9 chest which broke my T9 four piece and I upgraded my helmet to Broken Ram Skull Helmet from my T9 helmet, but I just got that last night and my threat didn't change at all from the upgrade. My latency has always been around 250-300 while in an instance, so no changes there.

I really can't determine what made my threat go down. If anyone has any insight as to what may have happened, it would be much appreciated. :)

This is my armory if it helps. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... rd&n=Dynam (note: I use the 200 strength on vengeance ticks libram over the 200 dodge on HotR libram)
Dynam

Re: Subpar Threat

Postby inthedrops » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:44 am

10-12k threat is not sustainable by yourself. Neither is 9.5k (except certain fights like twins I suppose. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I can see bursts that high but nothing lasting). Therefore, I am lead to conclude that your rogues, hunters, whoever normally boosts your threat has stopped doing it. Have you asked them about it? Did you pick up any new rogues and now they're tricksing each other instead of you?

Is it causing any real problems? Or is it just something you noticed and are looking for an explanation for? There are sooo many factors that affect this (in addition to the instability of the tools we use to monitor this) that it's really not worth worrying about unless it's a real problem somewhere.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Re: Subpar Threat

Postby lythac » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:19 am

^

And link a WWS/WOL/WMO log.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Return to Basic Training & Talents