Remove Advertisements

Maintankadin Video

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Maintankadin Video

Postby beanee70 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:23 pm

This site is amazing. It has helped me gear my paly (I've been a caster/healer for two years.). There was a video - on this site - which shows beginning tanks how mobs move, how they move after a pull, melee/caster. I found it yesterday and thought I bookmarked it, but didn't. I spent more than an hour looking for it.

Any ideas?
beanee70

Re: Maintankadin Video

Postby amh » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Can't remember seeing anything like that originating from here. Sure you're not thinking about the guides by Ciderhelm over at tankspot?

Positioning & Movement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmOPuziOWuA

Awareness & Camera Control: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf1pWQhJdhQ

Might be more filed under related, or just check his user profile.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby beanee70 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:22 pm

I've been reading stuff everywhere. Sometimes I have issues at the beginning of the pull

Thanks a bunch -
beanee70

Postby Gyute » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:54 am

Here is one way to do it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDY-ajKrNNA

but on a more serious note, the pull can be as difficult as you want to make it. Most pulls are three mobs, maybe four. Our Captain America shield makes this pretty easy, throw shield run in. To build a good amount of aggro at first I usually hit hammer on the way in to hit three targets again and concencrate. This should build you pleanty of aggro for most if not all pulls.

If you are still having a little trouble, mark one of the mobs. This way single target dps will have a clear understanding of where you are going.

The second part of your question is a little trickier....

Mob pathing is screwed right now. Don't know if it will ever get fixed at this point. I have found it is more messed up for mobs with small hitboxes but I digress. I think everyone deals with the pull in a little different way, well, not so much but people do what is comfortable. I for one run straight through the mobs and mouse turn. Then it is just a matter of making a couple of back steps to try and keep them all in front of me. I find my melee dps are much happier this way, they dont have to run around the mobs plus it is ALWAYS a good idea to turn mobs away from the group. Cleaves chain lightning whatever.

With a little practice you will get down what you feel comfortable with.
Gyute

Return to Basic Training & Talents