Remove Advertisements

3.3 Talent Spec & Glyph Guide

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: 3.3 Talent Spec & Glyph Guide

Postby golfinguy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:25 pm

blakk wrote:it still could be your latency. you may be hitting the double tap macro too quickly or not having enough time on your single tap macro. try the double tap macro but tap it slower or keep hitting it until the buff goes off(or is the sacrifice not even activating?)

I was getting the message on a single press of the macro button (the double tap macro) - so not even activating.

I was in a party (my first thought after it initially failed), but only with one other person who was well out of range. I verified syntax four times over, re-typed it in again, etc. It MUST be something stupid :oops:
golfinguy

Postby blakk » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 pm

how exactly are you typing it?
blakk

Postby Lionnis » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:30 pm

golfinguy wrote:
blakk wrote:it still could be your latency. you may be hitting the double tap macro too quickly or not having enough time on your single tap macro. try the double tap macro but tap it slower or keep hitting it until the buff goes off(or is the sacrifice not even activating?)

I was getting the message on a single press of the macro button (the double tap macro) - so not even activating.

I was in a party (my first thought after it initially failed), but only with one other person who was well out of range. I verified syntax four times over, re-typed it in again, etc. It MUST be something stupid :oops:

You should party with someone in range of you and try it, like i said i just tested it in dalaran and it worked fine, but when the person flew out of Dalaran it no longer worked.
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Postby Carthial » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:08 am

Loving this guide was haveing trouble finding anything that talked about the talents it recomended. im only at 78 as of this morning but ill hit 80 by saturday. (unless my wife stops me) wanna to add my 2 cents woth for SoC since i was able to get this it has been my only tanking seal it really helps to get AoE aggro rolling in.
Carthial

Postby theckhd » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:00 am

Since a lot of people have been asking about Lazeil's spec for HMLK kills, I've added a detailed discussion of the spec to the "Common Builds" section.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby djlar » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 pm

So I so repecced to DS/DG talents, used it on Heroic Marrowgar 25, where tons of raid damage is going on. So basically if Marrow didn't follow any of the 3 tanks and he'll go to the raid bunch, I would run quickly to the raid and activate it for that 20% dmg reduction, 6 secs is just enough, also very useful on Heroic Festergut, either for tank swapping or pungent blight if some melee didn't get 3 stacks (combined with some holy pally improved auras)..
djlar

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:25 pm

djlar wrote:So I so repecced to DS/DG talents, used it on Heroic Marrowgar 25, where tons of raid damage is going on. So basically if Marrow didn't follow any of the 3 tanks and he'll go to the raid bunch, I would run quickly to the raid and activate it for that 20% dmg reduction, 6 secs is just enough, also very useful on Heroic Festergut, either for tank swapping or pungent blight if some melee didn't get 3 stacks (combined with some holy pally improved auras)..

DS/DG is a CD, a very strong one at that aswell, not only for the raid but for the tank himself aswell.
There is no real prot specc that should ever be without this talent.
And theres a reason for it beeing a core talent among prot.
Treck

Postby Axsch » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:24 pm

I would like to ask a question I have been seeing a lot of prot pallys with 2 points into imp judgement which turns it into 8 secs,Why would they do this.
Axsch

Postby theckhd » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:56 pm

The original post wrote:Improved Judgement - We still need one more point to progress to tier 3. Benediction is a weak talent (see below), and one point in BoMight is only marginally useful for raids where you don't have a Ret paladin and aren't buffing Kings. While the extra second shaved off of Judgement's cooldown doesn't do anything for your boss tanking rotation, it does have situational usefulness for picking up adds earlier. For this reason, Improved Judgement is a common choice for that one point. It's really a flavor choice though, and it won't make much difference what you choose.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Njall » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Axsch wrote:I would like to ask a question I have been seeing a lot of prot pallys with 2 points into imp judgement which turns it into 8 secs,Why would they do this.

They don't know any better? Or people kept bugging them to do it and that some of the other options are fairly worthless...
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Gamingdevil » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 am

Njall wrote:
Axsch wrote:I would like to ask a question I have been seeing a lot of prot pallys with 2 points into imp judgement which turns it into 8 secs,Why would they do this.

some of the other options are fairly worthless...

Let's just stick with that part.

You don't need that second point in there for your normal rotation, but it can be useful when picking up adds and the like. And that extra point doesn't really have anywhere to go anyway. 1/2 Imp BoM is useless if there's a ret paladin or warrior with improved shouts. 1 point in Benediction isn't exactly good either.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Epimer » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:45 am

Njall wrote:They don't know any better?

Pet peeve, right there. I have 2/2 Imp Judgements because it's situationally useful - Gunship adds, LDW adds, all of VDW - and doesn't interfere with your single target rotation one bit (1 second off a cooldown when you're GCD locked does literally nothing to your 969 rotation). The other two options for that point are not useful. 2/2 Imp Judgements is not an uninformed decision.
Epimer

Postby Chicken » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:59 am

Epimer wrote:The other two options for that point are not useful.
Putting the point in Improved Blessing of Might (So long as you also put one of your points that'd normally go into Crusade in it too) can be useful with some raid compositions. I ran for ages with only a Prot-subspec Holy Paladin as the other Paladin in my usual raid group, and at that point Improved Blessing of Might is very useful to have.
Chicken

Postby Epimer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:30 am

Chicken wrote:Putting the point in Improved Blessing of Might (So long as you also put one of your points that'd normally go into Crusade in it too) can be useful with some raid compositions.

I knew after I posted that I should have said "are not useful for me" :) My point being: speccing 2/2 Imp Judgements doesn't mean somebody doesn't know what they're doing. At all.
Epimer

Postby AWBlaze » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Ok, maybe I missed this post. But, seal of command is now better to you than vengence? I'm playing Wow right now so I dont have time to skim over every post... I was just curious. Thank you.

Also, I still have the 8% to HoR glyph... I'm guessing its obsolete?
AWBlaze

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents