Red socket, str or agi?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Red socket, str or agi?

Postby Pengwnmastr » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:02 am

I know you should really only need one red gem for the meta but I'm debating on the gem choice. Agi is more armor which is more EH but on the other hand, Str is more threat.

Should you ever gem str/stam over agi/stam? If so, does str/stam beat out dodge/stam?
Pengwnmastr

Re: Red socket, str or agi?

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:28 am

Well when you are talking about just one gem, it's not really going to matter. Agi is Dodge, Armor, and Crit. Strength also adds to your Block Value. I personally prefer Agi.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Kuridan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:34 am

I think it depends on the socket bonus. Personally I like the +dodge +stam gems, although you could use the +agi + stam gem instead. For tanking you pretty much always want to use one of the mixed stam gems instead of pure reds.
Kuridan

Postby Alpha » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:31 am

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/guides/theorycraft/get-the-hell-out-of-dodge

Personally, I go with agi, which has most to do with I suddenly had to tank Anub on Heroic and every little bit helps, got no threat problems at all.

But I went with str over dodge for a long time, since I had threat problems. If you want threat, you should go with str :-)

// Alpha
Alpha

Return to Basic Training & Talents