Remove Advertisements

Defense rating question!

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Defense rating question!

Postby webbster22 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:29 pm

Hey guys I've been at work reading up as much as possible (converting from holydin to tankadin) and I am confused about the "cap" to a character's defense rating.

I'm gathering that 540 is the defense cap, but I have seen 689 thrown around quite a bit. I have been collecting my tank gear from TOC and tokens and should be a little above 540 when I gem and enchant everything when I get home.

My question is, I guess, is 540 all I need? Or is 689 the rating I should be shooting for? Also, Once I hit 540 or 689, which mitigation factor should I focus on? I am new to this so I apologize for my noob-ness.

Oh! One last thing... as far as gemming goes, I shouldn't need to ever gem strength, right? I should focus on stam/def/mitigation... the + block value strength offers is nice, though. Just wondering if it is more important.

Thanks!
webbster22

Re: Defense rating question!

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:40 pm

540 is the amount of defense skill you need to be uncrittable versus a level 83, or a raid boss. 689 is the amount of defense rating that gets you to 540 skill. Effectively, they're the same number. And no, you don't need to gem for strength.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents