Remove Advertisements

shaman totems

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

shaman totems

Postby Donjuan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:11 pm

From what i been hearing, (mainly by lurking in Nihilum forum), high end warriors ie ones with high avoidance (and rage starved) rely on shaman totems, mainly the windfury one and the agility one. They say it increase their threat tremendously. They basically wont raid without one in their main tank group

I am curious how important is shaman for paladin main tank? ofcourse it will help, and even healer type shaman has nice paladin style totems. They have one that gives mana, they have one that stops fear, they have one that increase spell damage by 120 or so.

which totems should a paladin main tank ask for? Is windfury better or the spell damage one? Is the mana one any good for us? Or will it be too far away to gives us nay benefit.

Do you rely on any shaman totem?
Donjuan

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:45 pm

I don't rely on shamans, i hardly have one. When i have one, i get Wrath of Air.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: shaman totems

Postby Girard » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:06 pm

My -ideal- tank party would have a shaman in it.

But I don't rely on it and because I have to count only on myself, I tend to do better because of it. If I get the shammy.. I WTFPWN =)
Girard

Postby Mogin » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:55 pm

While a shaman gives some very nice buffs from there totem it isn't needed to have a shaman in your group to hold aggro. still if you are able to get your hands on a elemental shaman that gives you Wrath of Air and Totem of Wrath in the raid (or just a resto one, which most likely be easier to put in your group without loads of possible drama) then you can consider yourself kinda lucky cause they do add alot of threat from Wrath of Air alone and some of the other totems are also very nice for a Tankadin.
Mogin

Postby Dorvan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Wrath of Air is amazingly helpful for aggro. I always ask for it when I can convince the raid to put me in a group with a shaman.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:06 pm

*shammy hat*
Wrath of Air = +101 Spell Damage/Healing
Mana spring = 35 mp5 untalented. 46mp5 talented and t4 2 set bonus. Some 70mp5 if a 2.3 change goes through talented and t4 2 set bonus.

Earth and fire are /meh really. Guess firetongue could give you a incy wincy bit of threat but nothing to think about.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Caelia » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:23 am

im not gonna lie, i love windfury totem! that with reck procs and SoR up is absolutely amazing. sure i dont need windfury totem but i sure love it, totems are fun to have around but not needed.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Pizbit » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:35 am

Aye, could see mana spring/tide and wrath of air helping OTing a ton though :D
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Candiru » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:19 am

2 shammies in your group is amazing: 2 Totem of Wrath (they stack) 1 Wrath of Air 1 WindFury Weapon.

Thats +6% spell hit +6% spellcrit 20% more swings and +101 spell damage.

Amazing.

Add a ret pally for +12% holy damage and you will have more threat than you could possibly want, as well as making your taunts / judgements much less likley to be resisted.
Candiru

Postby Belldandi » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:18 am

I have a Shaman and a Shadow Priest in the Tankadin group.... it brings the happyness.

Though its not needed, its nice to have. We can stand on our own 2 feet on most of the encounters that I've run into so far.
Belldandi

Re: shaman totems

Postby Belarkan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:59 am

Donjuan wrote:Do you rely on any shaman totem?

You do rely on S-Priest and retri pally.
Belarkan

Return to Basic Training & Talents