Remove Advertisements

Tankadin Looking for Advice on Rotation, Spec, Glyph, Spells

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Tankadin Looking for Advice on Rotation, Spec, Glyph, Spells

Postby faceplant247 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:17 pm

(I've copied this post from a different thread and placed it here b/c it seemed like it had more relevance in this forum section).

My guild is basically clearing ToC10 Reg. weekly and trying to master most of the Ulduar10 hard modes as well as SAR3D and dabbling in ToC10 Heroic.

I'm wanting a bit of advice on my rotation. Currently I do something along the lines of:

Before Pull:
- Sacred Shield
- Divine Plea
- Avenging Wrath

- Avenger's Shield (Pull)

- Consecration (just before mobs get to me)
- HotR
- Holy Shield
- Shield of the Righteous
- Judgement of Wisdom

(Rinse and repeat while keeping up SS, DivPlea and Holy Shield and firing off Avenger's Shield when it's available)

I'm still exploring the best time to use Divine Protection - I usually use it if I get below 30% or during a boss' special ability etc. Any thoughts?

I'm also exploring how/when to use Divine Shield/Divine Sacrifice. Any thoughts?

As well as Hammer of Justice and Arcane Torrent - are these abilities even of much use with other interrupts in the raid? I use Arcane Torrent primarily to snag some quick mana when the CD is up and almost never use Hammer of Justice.

I'm also open to suggestions on my spec and glyphs if needed. I've actually only been playing a Paladin seriously for about 2 months (that's when i dinged 80) and had no previous experience with tanking - so I am always looking for ways to hone my skills.

Here's another link to my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&n=Thoyr
faceplant247

Re: Tankadin Looking for Advice on Rotation, Spec, Glyph, Spells

Postby arktik » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Id proly try to get a new cloak ASAP, its not HORRIBLE but there are many other better ones. The boots gem socket bonus is only 4 dodge rating so i would proly break that myself and get full 30 stam gem in there. Otherwise your spec looks good and glyphs look good. And it seems your doing 969 rotation. My thoughts would be to not worry about the right time to use divine protection because then you may never use it. Its a 2 minute cooldown and you can use it more than once in every battle.
arktik
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:21 am

Don't bother with sacred shield if you have a holy paladin in the raid who'll be healing you as they no longer stack.

Save Avenging wrath for when you're already meleeing the boss to get the most out of it, even better wait until 5 stack SoV before you pop it.

Can judge right after AS to get another ability off before the boss reaches you.

I use divine prot on special abilities or last 10%

HoJ only if it's super important what you want interupted doesn't go off, but really that's for your dps to worry about and their GCD free interupt.

I'd drop judgement glyph for SoV glyph for more threat.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Jasari » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:40 pm

faceplant247 wrote:I'm wanting a bit of advice on my rotation. Currently I do something along the lines of:

Before Pull:
- Sacred Shield
- Divine Plea
- Avenging Wrath

- Avenger's Shield (Pull)

- Consecration (just before mobs get to me)
- HotR
- Holy Shield
- Shield of the Righteous
- Judgement of Wisdom

You're not doing a 96969 rotation, which is bad.

Taken from [Wotlk] Maintankadin 101
Threat Rotation:

To get the most from your abilities you need to get a good rotation, one that doesn’t leave a lot of room waiting for cooldowns etc.
The most common rotation is called the 96969 rotation. The numbers stand for the time the ability cools down in the rotation. For this rotation you’ll need to put 1 point in improved judgement. Consecrate is only an 8 sec cd, but you cant squeeze the rotation any tighter than this.
You choose what order you want to do the rotation.
The 9 sec cooldown abilities are Holy shield, Judgement and Consecrate.
The 6 sec cooldown abilities are Hammer of the righteous and Shield of Righteousness.
Note: At 70 you won't have Shield of Righteousness. You can practice this rotation by exchanging Shield of Righteousness with SoR and SoV every other 6sec cd.
This way you well get both the SoV dot and the extra damage from SoR per hit. (aka. Seal Twisting.)

00.0 - 9 sec One.
01.5 - 6 sec A.
03.0 - 9 sec Two.
04.5 - 6 sec B.
06.0 - 9 sec Three.
07.5 - 6 sec A.
09.0 - 9 sec One.
10.5 - 6 sec B.
12.0 - 9 sec Two.
13.5 - 6 sec A.
15.0 - 9 sec Three.
16.5 - 6 sec B.

After that it starts over again.
This rotation will not waste a single global cooldown. And then you just work in holy wrath, exorcism and avenger’s shield when needed, don’t worry about interrupting the rotation too much.
Jasari

Postby arktik » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:53 pm

technically he is, he did conc (9), then hammer (6), then holy shield (9), shield of righteous (6), judgement (9), 96969... It may just be different starting rotation than yours
arktik
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:20 am

arktik wrote:technically he is, he did conc (9), then hammer (6), then holy shield (9), shield of righteous (6), judgement (9), 96969... It may just be different starting rotation than yours

No he's not. He said "rinse and repeat" meaning he followed that last judgement with a consecration.
Jasari

Return to Basic Training & Talents