Remove Advertisements

Spec 1 vs Spec 2 vs Spec 3

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Spec 1 vs Spec 2 vs Spec 3

Postby Hearthvador » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:34 am

I have been experimenting a bit and want some opinions on which of the 2 specs i should use

Spec 1:My Current spec which i am having Threat issues with

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xm ... 0000000000

Spec 2: 3/5 Reckoning and Crusade for Threat(Even tho Reck is lowest TPS Talent)

Spec 3: SotP and Reckoning

Which spec do you think would provide maximum threat?
Hearthvador

Re: Spec 1 vs Spec 2 vs Spec 3

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:38 am

Depends on the content. Crusade out-threats SotP on what we like to call DUH mobs, or enemies that get the 6% damage bonus from Crusade. So Naxx/ToC generally favors Crusade, while Ulduar favors SotP. Both Spec 2 and 3 should out-threat Spec 1, but to different degrees depending on the content.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:30 am

I prefer #2. Particularly if you can cound the number of times you use div sac on one or two fingers.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Snickersnee » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:10 am

Koatanga wrote:I prefer #2. Particularly if you can cound the number of times you use div sac on one or two fingers.

I use it a ton maybe that's just me :P
Snickersnee

Postby Corpsicle » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:27 pm

I also prefer 2. I ran with spec 1 for a long time and found that when I could use DSac and DShield together, I missed using DProtection at some point in the fight due to timing. For almost anything I "needed" Divine Sacrifice for, by needed meaning a significant increase in likelyhood of beating content, I could easily respec for that one night and then respec back to a different build. Otherwise, Hand of Sacrifice works as well for times when a co-tank needs the extra damage mitigation.

I have always loved reckoning though and not taking it made me a sad panda. Being able to work it in a build again isn't something I'm likely to give up, so long as it is good. :)

If you are having threat issues, all three specs you linked are fairly close in threat. I don't think that swapping between any of them will really solve your threat problems, there just isn't that much of a difference between them. Have you looked at your rotation and gearing for a solution? Perhaps for fights where threat is specifically an issue you could look into using a threat set - something focusing on strength, hit, etc. Also, check a log on one of the parsing sites. Be sure to look at the number of Hotr and Shield of Righteousness. You should have hotr=shield of righteousness and if you do not, likely you are breaking 969 and missing out on a chunk of threat.

For movement fights, you can try using two cast sequence macros, one for 6 second abilities and one for 9 second abilities. Reducing the rotation to 121212121 can help you focus on the fight itself while keeping a good rotation going. Your results may vary of course, depending on whether you like macros or not.
Corpsicle

Return to Basic Training & Talents