Remove Advertisements

Can you guys tell me something about my spec?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Can you guys tell me something about my spec?

Postby Ducknator » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Hello guys!

I have made a new spec today and I wanted to show it to you.

Comments are welcome! :D

UPDATED+ : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbu ... obc:pGNczm
Last edited by Ducknator on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ducknator

Re: Can you guys tell me something about my spec?

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Well, I highly doubt you'll be using Exorcism in combat or Crusader Strike in your regular rotation (since you don't even have Crusader Strike....) so Sanctity of Battle isn't really a good talent. And you've stuck five points into what most people consider an overhealing talent.

TBH, you've got some of the talents I would least go for. Divinity, full Benediction, full Conviction, Sanctity of Battle.

And you're missing all the goodies. Touched by the Light, Vindication, 1-2 points in Improved Judgments, no PoJ, and no Crusade.

*thumbs down*
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Ducknator » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Well, I highly doubt you'll be using Exorcism in combat or Crusader Strike in your regular rotation (since you don't even have Crusader Strike....) so Sanctity of Battle isn't really a good talent. And you've stuck five points into what most people consider an overhealing talent.

TBH, you've got some of the talents I would least go for. Divinity, full Benediction, full Conviction, Sanctity of Battle.

And you're missing all the goodies. Touched by the Light, Vindication, 1-2 points in Improved Judgments, no PoJ, and no Crusade.

*thumbs down*

Thanks for the answer!

Overhealing? Ok, I updated the talents on the frist post! Thanks! 8)

See, that Sanctity of Battle was an error, It's Crusade instead. XD

But, why do I need Touched by the light if we do not use spellpower to make threat anymore?! :shock:

Vidication?! Is that a little AP of a huge boss 2 points worth? :|

PoJ? Why do I need PoJ (expcet the disarm thing)? Disarm is rare, isn't? :?

Thanks again! Waiting! :wink:
Ducknator

Postby Gamingdevil » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:54 pm

Ducknator wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Well, I highly doubt you'll be using Exorcism in combat or Crusader Strike in your regular rotation (since you don't even have Crusader Strike....) so Sanctity of Battle isn't really a good talent. And you've stuck five points into what most people consider an overhealing talent.

*thumbs down*

Thanks for the answer!

Overhealing? Ok, I updated the talents on the frist post! Thanks! 8)

See, that Sanctity of Battle was an error, It's Crusade instead. XD

But, why do I need Touched by the light if we do not use spellpower to make threat anymore?! :shock:

Vidication?! Is that a little AP of a huge boss 2 points worth? :|

PoJ? Why do I need PoJ (expcet the disarm thing)? Disarm is rare, isn't? :?

Thanks again! Waiting! :wink:

TbtL: This is common missconception, we DO use spellpower for threat, it's just not on our gear any more. All spells scale about 50/50 with AP/SP and Touched by the Light is our main source of spellpower, it's hands down our best threat talent.

Vindication: GC commented on this. AP works entirely different on NPC's than it does on PC's. That "little AP" is actually all of a boss's AP. Mobs however have a base damage for their attack and then an additional part that scales with attack power. For special attacks his can mean up to a 50% damage reduction (I believe this was the case for Thorim's Unbalancing Strike)

PoJ: It's not for the disarm. You're going down the ret tree for Crusade anyway and PoJ is an excellent talent to go down. It's not needed if you don't want it, but extra movement speed is golden for repositioning and add pickup. There's a reason 90% of tanks enchant Tuskarr's Vitality on boots, the other 10% specs PoJ ;)

Might I suggest reading Knaughty's stickies in the Basic and Advanced Training forums?
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Ducknator » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:32 am

Oh I see...

So, I reformulated it, check it out please: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbu ... obc:pGNczm

Thanks for all the help!
Ducknator

Postby Jasari » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:23 pm

Ducknator wrote:Oh I see...

So, I reformulated it, check it out please: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbu ... obc:pGNczm

Thanks for all the help!

Looks good. For future reference, there's a Talent Spec guide stickied at the top of this very forum that would have answered all of you questions.
Jasari

Postby Ducknator » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Jasari wrote:
Ducknator wrote:Oh I see...

Thanks for all the help!

Looks good. For future reference, there's a Talent Spec guide stickied at the top of this very forum that would have answered all of you questions.

Right!

Thanks for all the help guys! :D
Ducknator

Return to Basic Training & Talents