Remove Advertisements

Taunt miss chance, is the glyph really needed?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Taunt miss chance, is the glyph really needed?

Postby Extermi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:42 am

After some upgrades of gear that put me down below 6% hit I really started to see missed taunts. Knowing that taunts are what makes or brakes hard modes it was a no brainer for me to swap in the glyph; with T9 it will definitely be a mandatory glyph IMHO, at least for progression (the other being Divine Plea, of course).

Besides hit food, there are really few choices to keep hit rating up while upgrading the gear to the level needed by the encounters. The glyph is cheap and does not block anything relevant, Vengeance and HotR glyph are the most sensible choices for the remaining slot anyway and none of these is gamebreaking.

Extermi
Last edited by Extermi on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Extermi

Postby Candiru » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:10 am

Salvation and HolyWrath are very powerful glyphs for your 3rd slot for some fights.

Anub hard mode, HolyWrath makes stunning the adds much easier.

Mimiron hard mode / Algalon / Freya+3, salvation gives you that extra CD etc
Candiru

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Personally before starting again serious raiding, i couldn't care less of taunting.

However, after 3 wipes on Steelbreaker because of a double taunt miss (yes, HoR miss and RD miss in a row) i have Glyphed it and i wouldn't run without. Expecially since Gormok would oneshot the other tank if i said i'm taunting (hence getting the heals) and not actually taunt.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby æ » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Koatanga wrote:The way I look at it, I have two jobs:

1: Get aggro.
2: Keep aggro.

Everything else, like avoidance, effective health, and threat production is a part of #2.

All you need from that list is #2.
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents