Remove Advertisements

talent help

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

talent help

Postby benskies » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:37 pm

Hey, i am very noob, used to play wow but cant at the moment, but im doing a lot of research for a prot pally that i want to play. i have been looking around and im getting a vibe that the talent 'divinity' is not good. in theory the 5% bonus healing sounds ok and that would carry over to benefit spiritual attunement as well, but people seem to think divinity is a bad talent. despite searching i havnt found out why exactly it is bad, so could someone please explain?

here is my talent spec btw
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZE0tAruMGsIufdx:kNLcz (ignore the glyphs)

also, if i dont put points in divinity, i was considering for going for 'imp lay on hands', as it would be really useful and only on an 11min CD. is this generally frowned upon? not worth it? im not sure.

im not really interested in conviction or crusade.

so in addition to the explanation of why divinity is or isnt worth it, any other tips on what to do with tanking talents would be much appreciated!

cheers
benskies

Re: talent help

Postby arktik » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:55 pm

Divinity is looked at as bad because with how big bosses are hitting now there is enormous amounts of overhealing and in the end your just adding to it. However it would be a great talent if it was like 2 points but its not worth spending 5 whole points. You also do not have 1/2 in improved judgements which shows that you have not yet learned 9696 rotation. I am sorry but i do not have the link for it currently to explain but if you search im sure you can find it or maybe someone else can help?

The main spec i see is people getting pursuit of justice in ret as well as some other threat building talents such as conviction, heart of the crusader (which helps raid if there isnt a ret pally in), and crusade. If you wowarmory me (link in signature) i have all those but am currently thinking of getting 2 divine guardian and dropping 2 in crusade but not sure. And not sure about this one really but i heard seals of pure 5/5 isnt as good as puting 5 into some other threat talents i mentioned but i cannot confirm that in any way really lol. Sorry, tired, anyway hope that helps, later!
arktik
Maintankadonor

Postby badgermonkey » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:45 pm

im not really interested in conviction or crusade.

Crusade is better TPS than Seals of the Pure. Why aren't you interested in it?
badgermonkey

Postby benskies » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:33 pm

i dont particularly like putting too many points in ret (for conviction and crusade). after 6points for deflection and impjudgements, i dont see a whole lot of usefulness in ret talent points needed to unlock crusade.

i admit i could be very wrong though, im just making 'educated' guesses on what is good and what is not.
so, i should go for crusade?
if so, please let me know what other talents are useful to get while unlocking crusade. i would get PoJ, Conviction (3/5), Deflection, and one point in Improved Judgements, but whereo would i put the other 4 points???????
is benediction needed for sustaining a 69696969? or is it wasted points?

here is a new spec
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAruMGsIzfdvo0hbc:GpLcz

is this ok? and are the glyphs ok?

thanks heaps arktik and badgermonkey and anyone else who helps out!!
benskies

Postby Aubade » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:48 pm

- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Corpsicle » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:58 pm

Vindication and pursuit of justice are both very strong tanking talents from the ret tree that can help you get to crusade.
Corpsicle

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:09 am

Unless you're so short of external CDs that you somehow need imp LoH, there's no good reason to put your spare points in Holy instead of Ret.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Return to Basic Training & Talents