Remove Advertisements

Def Min / Block Cap for Heroics

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Def Min / Block Cap for Heroics

Postby Sipylus » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Howdy, I've been trying to find numbers for heroics to reach the "caps/mins" for Def and Avoidance+Block.

In particular, I am aware that the Def Min for Heroics is only 535, which I assume is do to the bosses only being +2 levels rather than the +3 for Raid bosses. Although now that I think about that I can't really make sense out of that.

Would that mean that the Block Cap / Unhittable number is reduced by one level of penalties? i.e. it would go to 101.6 I believe?

Alternately, I use Tankadin2 - if there is a number I should be looking for in the 'Hittable' field that would be very convenient ;) I'm currently sitting at 2.8% 'hittable' according to the addon.

I'm specifically interested in heroics numbers since most of my tanking occurs there, so I'm putting together a Trash set and would like to get a little more Strength for my gems if I can. I'm Sefer@Proudmoore, I don't have the link to my armory/wowhead profile handy sorry (work is crap). I'm mostly running heroics and Naxx10 and off tanking Uld10 atm.

Thanks in advance.

edit - Wow, looking at the Zetbit sig, I assume they don't handle DR on avoidance, that's a pain.
Sipylus

Re: Def Min / Block Cap for Heroics

Postby Sipylus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:46 am

Still hoping someone can let me know if this is a correct assumption - that is that in Heroics there are no mobs greater than +2.

Having said that, Tankadin has an option for level of mob, which I can set to 82 if I'm correct.

Hurrah for Chloe!
Sipylus

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:50 am

Nothing in Heroics are higher than level 82, so you don't need more than 535. With sufficient gear, and a good healer, you can even drop a little below that and still be fine. Heroic mobs hit like sissies. You don't need unhittable for Heroics, but the number is something like 101.6?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Serv » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:59 am

You shouldn't worry too much. Heroics are designed for players hitting 80 to collect gear for the upcoming raids. It can be quiet challenging if your group isn't that well geared, but there are quiet a lot players who managed to cope with these mobs when wrath was released.
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Return to Basic Training & Talents