Remove Advertisements

Miserable first experience

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Miserable first experience

Postby Tubben » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:47 am

I use Elkanos Buffbars to show RF, SoV, BoS seperate ^^
I dont really forget RF, but i DO forget SoV from time to time (several times per week ;-)..)
Tubben

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:22 pm

This is beyond stupid. Pally Power is merely a tool of convenience. If you don't like it, that's fine. Blaming a tool for people being stupid, is just a massive failure determining what the problem actually is. If they are messing up because of pally power, then I can't imagine how not having such an addon would make them perform any better. Now, lets not digress this topic any further. If you wish to discuss the use of such addons create a new thread in the UI forum.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:47 pm

SnowEagle wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:I use an addon that organizes my buff/debuff frames so that certain buffs are exactly where I want them, and in the same place every time. This allows me to determine in a glance if I'm missing a buff that I should have. Prior to setting this up, I was horrible about remembering to recast my Aura/Seal/RF after resurrecting.

Is this SBF? if so do you do that with a new frame for each buff or is there a shorter way?

I keep a shortlist of in-combat buffs/procs (libram/trinket/sacred shield/bubblewall/divine plea and the like) near my healthbar so I dont have to sift through all my different buffs to see them, but i find the expanding/collapsing row means extra time to asess whats up at any given moment due to the icons jumping around.

Edit: to the OP,

Like others have said, RF will make a huge difference...

Many DPS nowdays in HC's are very much in a gogogo nukem fast mindset and so may be impatient regarding threat due to overgearing the places so much and being used to 15-20 min clears... Some will be more patient than others...

In beginning HC's as a tank what I found to be the most useful and nerve saving things was to make good use of the friends list... Friending people who won't hearth after their 1st res or whatever made a large difference in terms of those learning hc's. You'll still have rocky instance runs but they -will- get smoother as you do them more, both from your own experience and from getting more used to the people on your friends list/guild.

Yes, I use Satrina's Buff Frames (SBF) for that. On the right side of my screen under the mini map, I have two bars with a few buffs each, that I need to track (these are the more permanent buffs like kings, fort, RF, my Seal, my Aura). If both of those bars are not full, then I know something is missing. Only specific buffs go on each bar, so generally I can figure out what is missing instantly.

I do also have an in combat bar that I have filtered to just show certain temporary buffs that are important to me, like my on use trinket buffs, bubble wall, sacred shield, divine plea so I can time things if needed. It generally doesn't get big enough to warrant any type of advanced sorting, I can analyze it pretty quickly.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents