Remove Advertisements

question: 102.4% with raid buffs

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

question: 102.4% with raid buffs

Postby Failuhdin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Hey all,

Probably been asked before, but is there an add-on I can use (or just a certain number I can shoot for) to take into account raid buffs (i.e. BoK and horn of winter) that will get me to 102.4? I'm sitting at 100.44 right now, but I want to start stacking EH gems, and I feel like it's finally getting to close to just eye-ball it.

Thanks guys!
Failuhdin

Re: question: 102.4% with raid buffs

Postby Isetnefret » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:46 pm

There is a macro somewhere.....that takes into account SELF buffs, (holy shield).

You don't want to be relying on raid buffs, if possible.

It shouldn't be much of an issue anyhow. I'm at 116%, unbuffed, in my avoidance set. 102.4% is just a minimum. That extra 12% is excess caused by holy shield, and my parry/dodge being so high.

If I could drop ONLY block rating to gain EH, I would. As it stands, I would have to drop some dodge or parry....seems like a bad choice to reduce your chance of taking 0 damage to increase your health..
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby Kynes » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:17 am

Isetnefret wrote:There is a macro somewhere.....that takes into account SELF buffs, (holy shield).

You don't want to be relying on raid buffs, if possible.

It shouldn't be much of an issue anyhow. I'm at 116%, unbuffed, in my avoidance set. 102.4% is just a minimum. That extra 12% is excess caused by holy shield, and my parry/dodge being so high.

If I could drop ONLY block rating to gain EH, I would. As it stands, I would have to drop some dodge or parry....seems like a bad choice to reduce your chance of taking 0 damage to increase your health..

Here's the macro.
/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))]

In reference to you Iset, you have a truckton of extra defense. I know that there is no defense cap but it does become much less effecient at avoiding DR as soon as you pass 102.4%. You're wasting a whole third of the stat with the wasted block. Moreover, you're gemming Str over Agil which would be an amazing place to pick up EH through pure avoidance. The threat gain and the block value gained through the gemmed Str just isn't worth passing the dodge.

To the OP, keep in mind that anything past 102.4% is a waste. The *ONLY* time passing 102.4% serves a purpose is when either; A, you run out of holy shield charges before you can refresh the ability or; B, you cannot refresh holy shield after it expires. In either of these circumstances being past 102.4% with Holy Shield would not be a waste because you've lost the 30% block from Holy Shield. But I can't think of a single time where this would happen. Maybe clearing level 60 content? Maybe?

TLDR; Sit around 98% w/ HS unbuffed. You should make 102.4% with raid buffs pretty easily.
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

Postby JU1CYFRU1T » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Kynes wrote:Here's the macro.
/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))]

For some reason I can NOT get this macro to function. I put it into the macro section, for the one-button-press... but nothing happens when I hit the macro. Then, I tried running it directly from the chat window and neither worked. Anyone have any idea why a copy/paste fo this exact code wouldn't work? Is there somewhere that the spacing is incorrect? I have no idea where my Block value sits (I can guarantee I am low)... so I wanted to check.

Thanks
JU1CYFRU1T

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Dunno. I ripped this right from Tankspot.
/run local b,d,p,r,a=GetBlockChance(),GetDodgeChance(),GetParryChance(),GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) a=1/(.0625+.956/(r/122.9625)) ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable: %.2f%% Avoidance: %.2f%% Defense %+.0f rating",b+d+p+5+a,d+p+5+a,r-689))
Works fine. Shows Unhittable, total Avoidance, and how much Def you are over 540. It should take diminishing returns into account. I can't remember.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Kynes » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:21 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Dunno. I ripped this right from Tankspot.
/run local b,d,p,r,a=GetBlockChance(),GetDodgeChance(),GetParryChance(),GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) a=1/(.0625+.956/(r/122.9625)) ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable: %.2f%% Avoidance: %.2f%% Defense %+.0f rating",b+d+p+5+a,d+p+5+a,r-689))
Works fine. Shows Unhittable, total Avoidance, and how much Def you are over 540. It should take diminishing returns into account. I can't remember.

Use this one. I admit I didn't check the one I linked, just copy/pasta'd it from a post in EJ I'd read a bit back.
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

Return to Basic Training & Talents