Do we still use Sacred Shield?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Do we still use Sacred Shield?

Postby Cidx » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:09 pm

I read that when I have Sacred Shield proc on me Flash of Light becomes of HoT. Pretty neat but I got in a little brawl about stacking Sacred Shield. I was ALWAYS under the assumption that Sacred Shield indeed stacks however the absorption doesn't but for each buff on you has its own internal cooldown so say 2 SS on me I will have an absorption for 2 hits till the first one that proc'd is of its internal CD. Does this still remain true? I always do SS - DP then pull. However if they don't anylonger "stack" in the sense that they still benefit me via Absorption and the Holy Pallies via Flash of Light crits/Hots then I should take it off my action bars? Then again I don't pay major attention to what buffs are on me but I read that theres nothing wrong with me putting SS on myself.
Cidx

Re: Do we still use Sacred Shield?

Postby Mert » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:26 am

My understanding is that they no longer stack, they simply overwrite each other. Haven't actually been able to test this myself yet, however, so grain of salt and all that.
Mert

Postby Rainge » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:11 am

They're not supposed to stack anymore. So, use SS on yourself only if you're not the target of a holydin.

I've not tested it either, but I think that's the way it's supposed to work.
Rainge

Postby Awyndel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 am

The buff itself overwrites if it gets refreshed or put on by another person. Not sure if you'd overwrite it during a proc, if the proc would be overwritten as well.

Yeah basicly use this when you don't have that pala healer.
Awyndel

Postby Neroth » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:38 am

I always keep it on myself so that our Pally Healer can use it on one of the other tanks or on someone else if she wishes.
Neroth

Return to Basic Training & Talents