Expertise softcap

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Expertise softcap

Postby badgermonkey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:32 am

So I'm currently sitting on 38 Expertise with my Seal of Vengeance glyph. I'm guessing I really ought to drop it for something else? Just questioning, because prying old habits away from me isn't that easy :P It's always been a "staple" to me along with Divine Plea, but with my new Freya helm I just think I probably have far too much.

Is it worth dropping for Judgement glyph at this point?

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... eedonboots

And since I've posted my armory link, someone give me any other general advice. I'll be respeccing today to include Vindication, so no worries there ;)
badgermonkey

Re: Expertise softcap

Postby Rainge » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:40 am

The SoV glyph isn't doing you much good at this point. Drop it until your gear warrants using it again. The Judgement glyph is a good option, though I'm personally a fan of the HotR glyph.

General advice: Easy stuff is conqueror neck, valor bracers and crafted belt. Since you have the valor cloak and crafted boots, you're probably already working toward those. Consider moving a talent point from SA to Crusade (2/2 SA is usually overkill) when you pick up Vidication. Also, finish your JC skill for better gems and Sons of Hodir rep grind for more shoulder enchant options.

/edit: Scratch that. SoV is still useful beyond softcap. Theck FTW.
Last edited by Rainge on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainge

Postby badgermonkey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:40 am

The Heroic new instance helm dropped, which is pretty much a carbon copy of Freya10's helm, but replaces Expertise with hit, and dodge with parry, and has a blue slot instead of a yellow one. I lose about 0.2% avoidance due to the dimishing returns, but might look at swapping that one in (since I could probably do with more hit).

I'm saving up for the T8 chestpiece atm, setbonus + improvement on my sucky Naxx one is nice :). The crafted boots were a gift from the guild, so I doubt I'll be seeing the crafted belt anytime soon (my character isn't rich). Likely I'll get the vendor belt as well.
badgermonkey

Postby theckhd » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Rainge wrote:The SoV glyph isn't doing you much good at this point. Drop it until your gear warrants using it again. The Judgement glyph is a good option, though I'm personally a fan of the HotR glyph.

SoV is still the best threat glyph, even if you're soft-capped. Keep using the SoV glyph.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby badgermonkey » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:41 am

theckhd wrote:SoV is still the best threat glyph, even if you're soft-capped. Keep using the SoV glyph.

Theck always shows up in the best of places :) All the maths is hard to wade through sometimes without being pointed there :P Thanks.
badgermonkey

Postby Mert » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:12 am

badgermonkey wrote:The Heroic new instance helm dropped, which is pretty much a carbon copy of Freya10's helm, but replaces Expertise with hit, and dodge with parry, and has a blue slot instead of a yellow one. I lose about 0.2% avoidance due to the dimishing returns, but might look at swapping that one in (since I could probably do with more hit).

What's the socket bonus on the new helm, out of interest? If it's a good bonus and a blue socket then I'd say you're on to a definite winner. Gotta love great bonuses activated by blue sockets :D
Mert

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:57 am

Wowhead still has it as the ilevel 213 version, but the bonus is 12 Stam on there. Stats have just been upped very slightly to 219 level.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Rainge » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:09 am

theckhd wrote:SoV is still the best threat glyph, even if you're soft-capped. Keep using the SoV glyph.

I am apparently not as smart as I thought I was. :cry: Thanks for the tip.
Rainge

Postby theckhd » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:04 am

Rainge wrote:I am apparently not as smart as I thought I was. :cry: Thanks for the tip.

Your advice was correct as of 3.1, but the addition of the SoV proc has shifted things around a bit and made expertise a little stronger in 3.2.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby badgermonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Mert wrote:
What's the socket bonus on the new helm, out of interest? If it's a good bonus and a blue socket then I'd say you're on to a definite winner. Gotta love great bonuses activated by blue sockets :D

Blue socket, +12 Stamina bonus, it's shiny :)

Due to my low hit rating I prioritised the newer helm. Since it dropped me to 33ish Expertise, but gained me 1.5% hit chance (ish), I thought it was probably a worthy swap.
badgermonkey

Return to Basic Training & Talents