Remove Advertisements

Haste Rating

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Haste Rating

Postby Mathalor » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm in northrend (first time). I'm running into a lot of quest reward haste rating plate.

For prot tanking (5 mans while leveling), how good or bad is this stat? Would it break the rotation? Should it be avoided even if the other stats on the gear are good?

Edit: Simple question, just so I don't double post. Can I obtain a rep tabard and use it to gain rep in 5 mans before lvl 80?
Mathalor

Re: Haste Rating

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:27 pm

There are defensive pieces with haste on them? I don't recall this whatsoever.

Yes, you can use rep tabards in instances before you reach level 80, however, you must be doing a level 78-80 instance like Halls of Lightning in order to receive any rep. I think Utgarde Pinnacle is another level 80 instance.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:32 am

Mathalor wrote:For prot tanking (5 mans while leveling), how good or bad is this stat? Would it break the rotation? Should it be avoided even if the other stats on the gear are good?

It won't break the rotation, or affect it very much at all really, because it's cooldown-limited. It will speed up your auto-attacks, which will be a slight threat boost. It's not a very good threat stat compared to things like STR, Hit, BV, or expertise, but it won't hurt you any to have it on your gear while leveling.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby PsiVen » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:42 pm

It won't hurt, but it won't help much. I'd basically treat it as if it weren't there.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Mathalor » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Thank you.

Also, the pieces in question aren't defensively geared, they're just better than what I had before (more stamina strength, and armor).

And nuts about the tabard thing, I was hoping I could get some rep for running instances I'm going to run anyway.
Mathalor

Postby Pizbit » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:35 pm

Mathalor wrote:Thank you.

Also, the pieces in question aren't defensively geared, they're just better than what I had before (more stamina strength, and armor).

And nuts about the tabard thing, I was hoping I could get some rep for running instances I'm going to run anyway.

Check in to the green Cobalt tanking gear and then as you level the blue Saronite tanking gear.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39086
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40674

Also if alliance, do all the quests out of amberpine post I think it is in Grizzly hills until you get the quest chain for the 3 tree stumps of the failed world tree and follow that chain along, get nice legs and a shield.
At 74? 75? Do the Wanted: Ragemane's flipper or whatchamacallit from Light's Breach in ZD for a weapon.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Kanta » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:01 am

I had that axe till I got RSOC to drop...too bad I can't find a pug that will do more than the first 3 quarters of Naxx, so no upgrade for me yet (WTB military quarter first or a pug that can clear to KT)
Kanta

Return to Basic Training & Talents