Remove Advertisements

Multi-class synergy.

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Multi-class synergy.

Postby Isetnefret » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:14 pm

I often have a DPS (arms) warrior in my raids. Is it worth him using Demo Shout? He claims it's likely a waste of GCD when he could be DPSing, and the return on investment of Demo Shout is too small to be worthwhile.
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Re: Multi-class synergy.

Postby Zalaria » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:23 pm

From the warrior Q&A:

Ghostcrawler wrote:It’s probably 20% less damage from a typical boss and literally like 50% against say Thorim’s Unbalancing Strike.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Spectrum » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:47 pm

Tell him to deal with it. Dead tank -> Dead DPS = zero DPS. Sadly, most DPS try to optimize for DPS or damage done, when the group wants to optimize for bosses killed.

Also, unless you have a warrior tank your arms warrior should be putting up Sunder Armor; arms warriors loose less from keeping it up than rogues, if I recall. If you don't have a major armor debuff you should tell him to test until he sees that maintaining sunder is a DPS increase.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Candiru » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Most warriors know keeping sunder up is worth it.

Demo shout is most definitely worth it, although locks can do it as well (with a free FF thrown in if you don't have a druid, which is a good plan)

At the least he should use demo shout for boss "enrages" eg vexaz surge of darkness.
Candiru

Postby Argali » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:21 pm

But but but... I don't care if the raid dies to Searing Flames on Vezax. I need my runic power for dps.

Replace that with rage/energy etc. Most dps seem to be idiots who only care about themselves.
Argali

Postby badgermonkey » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:21 am

Argali wrote:But but but... I don't care if the raid dies to Searing Flames on Vezax. I need my runic power for dps.

Replace that with rage/energy etc. Most dps seem to be idiots who only care about themselves.

When I'm raid leading, they're the ones who don't get invited back ;) Even at the cost of not being able to raid.
badgermonkey

Postby Spite » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:53 am

badgermonkey wrote:
Argali wrote:But but but... I don't care if the raid dies to Searing Flames on Vezax. I need my runic power for dps.

When I'm raid leading, they're the ones who don't get invited back ;) Even at the cost of not being able to raid.

I follow the same princples
Spite

Return to Basic Training & Talents