ThatJustHappened for the Thorim Fight

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

ThatJustHappened for the Thorim Fight

Postby Doxa » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:58 am

I've been trying to make a ThatJustHappened Raid warning for our priests so they know when to cast Mass Dispel for the Thorim fight in dealing with the Evokers. Of course, it isn't super necessary but when every little bit helps we may benefit from it.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a rule (or been able to make one) that works. Any recommendations?

The spell is "Dark Rune Mending". The target is "Dark Rune Evoker".
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Re: ThatJustHappened for the Thorim Fight

Postby jere » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:34 pm

What rules have you tried so far?

Off the top of my head, I would just set up a rule for Dark Rune Mending and not specify targets or sources.
jere

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Doxa wrote:I've been trying to make a ThatJustHappened Raid warning for our priests so they know when to cast Mass Dispel for the Thorim fight in dealing with the Evokers. Of course, it isn't super necessary but when every little bit helps we may benefit from it.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a rule (or been able to make one) that works. Any recommendations?

The spell is "Dark Rune Mending". The target is "Dark Rune Evoker".

Hey there. For future reference, I'd post something like this in the TJH sticky in the addon forum simply because I get an email any time anyone posts in that thread. A good rule for your situation would be something like:

This isn't 100% clean thing to do the way you're trying to do it because of the way the combat log works. For spells with a cast time, SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS doesn't happen. There's a SPELL_CAST_START and then there's the result if it finishes, or it's interrupted, or (if it's you) it'll print out a FAIL and why (like out of range, etc.). That's probably why you're having trouble. You'd want to write it based on the result, which is that the spell buff is on the mob.

Checking Wowhead, it looks like the buff is also called Runic Mending. So you'd probably want to go for something like this:

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Runic Mending;enemy;RAID;Runic Mending up!

That'll announce when any enemy gets the Runic Mending buff. Might not be exactly what suits your needs, though.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Doxa » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Oh thanks a ton for both the lesson and the rule. Very helpful.
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents