Remove Advertisements

Basics for 3.2 Please

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Basics for 3.2 Please

Postby Consecrator » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:28 am

I have been reading through all the threads so far that i can find in regard to 3.2, but they are all pretty advanced and a little confusing to me ATM. Can someone give a basic run down of the prot changes for me? what i'm looking for is"

- It looks like BV is more important now then before, so should i start breaking out the BV set i have in the bank? It seems like this would gimp my dodge/parry a ton.
- What seal is best once 3.2 comes out? Some are saying SOR is better again for tanking, while others are staying with SOV
- I'm hearing that we have better HP now in the new patch (or will if it stays), but all i see if the 10% from sanc which only takes the place of kings anyway in regard to HP, what am i missing please

Sorry for the noob questions but this is the beginners forum so thought i would get made fun of less here lol
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Consecrator

Re: Basics for 3.2 Please

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 am

1) You don't need to seek out block value any more than you already do, but pieces with it on will have more of it, making them slightly better than before.

2) Seal of Vengeance will be the best threat and dps Seal for Paladins in 3.2. It has been buffed a lot. Righteousness comes second, iirc.

3) Ardent Defender will be much improved, effectively increasing the damage it takes to kill you 100-0% by 15%, because it will no longer require you to already be under 35% for it to affect a hit that lands you in that region. It will also save your life once every 2 minutes, acting as a second survival cooldown. You won't actually be gaining any hit points, but your "effective health" will increase.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Re: Basics for 3.2 Please

Postby honorshammer » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:57 am

Consecrator wrote:I have been reading through all the threads so far that i can find in regard to 3.2, but they are all pretty advanced and a little confusing to me ATM. Can someone give a basic run down of the prot changes for me? what i'm looking for is"

- It looks like BV is more important now then before, so should i start breaking out the BV set i have in the bank? It seems like this would gimp my dodge/parry a ton.
- What seal is best once 3.2 comes out? Some are saying SOR is better again for tanking, while others are staying with SOV
- I'm hearing that we have better HP now in the new patch (or will if it stays), but all i see if the 10% from sanc which only takes the place of kings anyway in regard to HP, what am i missing please

Sorry for the noob questions but this is the beginners forum so thought i would get made fun of less here lol

Compilation of all tankadin changes in 3.2:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24209
honorshammer

Return to Basic Training & Talents