Remove Advertisements

Divine Sacrifice

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Divine Sacrifice

Postby theothersteve7 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:53 am

I was ret for Vezax on 25, and an emergency came up where I had to use Divine Sacrifice while bubble was on cooldown. I used Hand of Protection on myself in panic, and I took some damage but didn't die. He was around 5% at the time and we downed him.

Does anyone know if damage redirected by Sac maintains its physical/magical property? Specifically, if what I did is effective in situations where almost all raid damage will be physical?
Moo.
theothersteve7

Re: Divine Sacrifice

Postby Soralin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:08 pm

theothersteve7 wrote:Does anyone know if damage redirected by Sac maintains its physical/magical property? Specifically, if what I did is effective in situations where almost all raid damage will be physical?

Yes it does, and yes it is. You are safe to use Hand of Protection on yourself and Divine Sacrifice to mitigate physical damage, such as Vezax's damage on the tank (although note that if your DPS take damage from a shadow crash or mark of the faceless while your DiSac is up, you will take damage from it as HoP only protects against physical) I'm fairly sure Kologarn's aoe and XT's Timpanic Tantrum are also considered physical.
Soralin

Postby Chicken » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:28 am

XT's tantrum is indeed physical, Kologarn's Shockwave is nature damage though, and not physical damage. So using Divine Sacrifice for it without Divine Shield is a very effective way of killing yourself on 25-man, and probably on 10-man as well.

Also of note on XT's hard mode is of course that the Sparks of Life that spawn from expiring Light Bombs deal aoe nature damage to the raid, and you will be taking 40% of that damage with Hand of Protection up when using Divine Sacrifice.
Chicken

Postby theothersteve7 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:50 am

Wow, that's a big help. Thanks a lot!
Moo.
theothersteve7

Return to Basic Training & Talents