Remove Advertisements

Another How do you make Gold thread?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Another How do you make Gold thread?

Postby Kivas » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 am

I have 3 80's
Inscription/Enchant: Craft scrolls and enchant
BS/Engineer: Belt buckles and Ammo Makers
Tailor/JC: Netherweave Bags,gems and craft cheap rings to d/e for profit
Also I don't do Dailies or Farm.

I can't stress this enough, Grab Auctioneer and Use and abuse the heck out of the Snatch and Appraiser. stand by the prices you set. Profit off of your professions. AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enchanters, don't advertise [Enchanting] Free with your mats! even if you are going for skill ups!
There is Only one true Form of PVP in Wow, It's the auction House.
Kivas

Postby amh » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:42 am

Kivas wrote:AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enchanters, don't advertise [Enchanting] Free with your mats! even if you are going for skill ups!

To be fair, it is a very effective way to get cheap skill-ups if you aren´t too fussed about investing / making a profit. There is at any given time at least 7 people spamming "blahblah ENCHANTING!!1", so you need to stand out a bit.

"Enchanting, free with your materials. Tips are not welcome, so don´t feel bad about being cheap!" is usually effective :)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Braundo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Anybody considered doing farm runs of the new 5-man on normal mode? If every boss drops an epic and you can do the instance as many times as you want...that's a hell of a lot of Abyss Crystals to split among your group to sell.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:00 pm

I used the time-honored method of buying out all of the Large Radiant Shards on the AH (not hard, there were few), then selling scrolls of Enchant Chest - Stats for ungodly high prices.

Why does this work?

Tons of people are buying the new BoA chest pieces.
New BoA chest pieces can only take base-level enchants.
Stats is a popular enchant.
Stats requires Large Radiant Shards.

Identify an item of high demand, identify a component of that product, restrict the supply of that component. Demand soars, supply is low, you profit.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Chronotriggerjm » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:24 am

Blacksmither here, I haven't read everything in this thread because that's a lot of reading info, but I've made a ton of money via selling "needed" gear so to say.

Everyday I sign on:

I go from the bottom of my list and check the AH for Rods of sorts, and if any are missing, proceed to make and sell.

Search for Shields, as a blacksmith I can make 3 non-purple tanking shields, these sell quite often. I put two in at a time for much higher than the mats cost, while still being reasonable on the wallet.

Search for every piece of defense rated gear from Cobalt and beyond. People blow past this area while skilling up, and never go back to it. I have no idea why. I buy a stack of Cobalt bars on my server for about 25-35 gold. I use 4 bars to make a piece of gear, that I sell for 35 gold. I'm sure we can do simple math :) The cobalt gear is hands down better than almost every piece of level equivalent tanking gear, and it is almost a guaranteed sell. I put two of each piece on the AH, and have to re-make and sell daily.

I then go up to the Belt Buckles, Shield spikes, and Weapon chains and finish off my day. When I hit around 420 skill in BS, I had around 1000 gold. A couple weeks later, with about 20-30 mins a day buying mats of the AH, crafting, and talking to friends, I find myself at a little OVER 9000 gold, which isn't an enormous amount mind you, but trust me, I didn't work for it at all :P

P.S. THUNDERBLUFF IS YOUR FRIEND!!! If your a hordey that is...
Chronotriggerjm

Postby Chronotriggerjm » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:36 am

Koatanga wrote:I used the time-honored method of buying out all of the Large Radiant Shards on the AH (not hard, there were few), then selling scrolls of Enchant Chest - Stats for ungodly high prices.

I do almost the exact same thing with my Enchanter :p Accept I've been doing the Enchant Chest Major health? I forget which Health it was, but it's 2 small brilliant shards, which as most of us know are the "oh shit's" of disenchanting. I've literally purchased a stack of 20 out of the auction house for about 2 gold, slap 2 on an armor vellum, and sell it for 12-15 gold xD
Chronotriggerjm

Postby Zeianna » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:09 am

3 words: Runed Scarlet Ruby. I virtually have a monopoly on those on Silver Hand (US, alliance side). I don't do dailies at all, except the jewelcrafting daily, and I make between 1000 and 2250 a week, depending on how lazy I am.

I just buy the uncut ones, and then turn around and resell the cut version for 30-50g more. I also always buy cut ones lower than my lowest desired posting price, wait a bit, and resell them for 20-30g more. It's wonderful, and takes very little effort!
My blog: Avenger's Shield
theckhd wrote:Don't worry, they'll screw something else up so we can have Deathwing Radiance.
Zeianna

Postby arawn » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:14 am

My Inscriptionist bank alt buys 20 Ink of the Sea off the AH for 60-80 gold.
That makes 40 of Armor Vellum III
Each of those sells for 10 gold.

400G gross off of less than 100G investment. And they don't cost to post over and over if they don't sell immediately.

It's slow, but steady cash flow.

I also solo some of the BC dungeons and heroics for BoE drops and send them to my enchanter to DE them for mats. Those also sell fairly decent for people trying to level the profession.
Arawn / Lothar
arawn

Postby Florisia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:12 pm

I personally enjoy solo grinding for my gold. Here are the things I do.

Keep in mind, I am an Enchanter. These may not work for you as well as they do for me, unless you have access to an enchanter. I'm also level 80, so these aren't exactly good tactics for anyone under that.

1)Solo Pre-TBC Instances <- This is what I did starting out as a fresh 80.

These aren't that profitable, but under certain circumstances, you can make out with a lot. As a prot paladin/enchanter, running Original Stratholme can be pretty profitable. Go with big bags (Imbued Netherweave or Better. I use Frostweaves and the OS Bags). A prot paladin with atleast some idea of how tanking works can stroll into stratholme and down 3-4 groups of skeletons in a few seconds. This is a great source of Rune Cloth(Which isn't the best method of grinding rep for original factions, but you can still sell it fairly well). Don't ignore greys. Replace greys with higher value greens if you get them.(One handed and two handed weapons, and select pieces of armor sell for a good bit a piece.).

Most of the boss drops are blue, and disenchant into large brillant shards. It's very easy to get a huge stockpile of these in just a few runs. I personally don't DE all of them, though. Of the blues, I keep the two handed and one handed weapons/wands/trinkets. They vendor for far more than the shards normally sell for, and you'll normally pick up a few. Same with the greens, honestly. DE what isn't valued high and sell the materials. I haven't done this in a while, but at the time I did, auctioning the materials on an average run ususally netted around 70-80 gold by itself. Vendoring normally had fair returns(Ususally about 90-100 gold), and depending on you do with the Rune Cloth, you can get more.

Meanwhile, you can also work on getting yourself the Baron's Deathcharger. A mount that also gets you one of those nifty feats of strength. Two birds with one stone. Honestly, I've never actually gotten it, although people who have run it half as much as I have picked it up without much problem.

2)Solo TBC Instances <- I still do this occassionally

Soloing TBC instances ususally has a huge reward. My pick is Shattered Halls. I keep a set of +Block gear for this specific instance. Most of your blocks will absorb all or most of the incoming melee damage, and there are several trinkets that modify what your blocks can do. If you already have it, use the Figurine of the Colossus. It's not as effective mitigation/rating than newer trinkets, but the use effect can heal whatever damage you managed to take if you're up against a lot of orcs at once. I ususally do this in 3-4 group pulls and it takes me about 25-30 minutes on average. It'll reqire a bit better gear than your fresh 80, but nothing too extensive. Elites drop 20-50 silver a piece, and the raw amount of enemies that are here ususally adds up to a good bit of just looted gold pre WOTLK. Good for the Achievement "Got Money on my Mind" too.

There's also a chest or two here, which will normally carry a green, some gold/pots or whatever else. Keep an eye out for them. These guys drop the Netherweave cloth in a good supply, some mediocre greys, but the greens vendor very well. Before you vend anything, also check with your AH to see what Arcane Dust and Planar Essences are going for. It may be better to DE them. Weapons, again, vend well. Especially the boss drops. On average, I got a small amount of gold from selling the Netherweave(There's not a lot of it), so about 20-40 gold there. The greens and looted gold ususally big in the biggest haul for me, averaging about 100-150. Blues ususally net an extra 25-30 gold, depending on what drops. Vending greys add a bit to it. For a half an hour's worth of work, it's not too bad, and you're also grinding Honor Hold Rep, if you haven't already gotten exalted with them.

3)Grinding Converted Fallen Heroes <- I mostly do this now

There's a small zone south of Shadow Vault where there's several groups of undead falllen soldiers. They ususally come in groups of 5-8. They drop about as much silver as the elites from Shattered Halls, and are a good bit easier to kill. They drop greys that stack up to 20, some of which vend for 10 gold a stack. They don't drop greens as frequently as some elites might, but enough grinding will get you a few of them. This is also a good place to stock up on Runic Healing and Runic Mana pots, which now stack up to 20. Books of Glyph Mastery also pop up, which are still worth a good bit on their own. Green weapons have a pretty good chance of creating Greater Cosmic Essences, which sell fairly well each(More than the worth of the weapon, on my server for just one.). I can take on about 3 or 4 groups at once without any major problems. Make sure you take down their banner bearers

This is a bit more of a fun and direct way for me to get gold, but keep in mind that you'll still be paying a repair bill at the end of all of these. :P

Also, Sorry for the long post.
Florisia

Postby Argali » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:50 pm

Don't forget that if you solo strat, check how much the crusader ench sells for. It's really popular as you can put it on BoA weapons.
Argali

Postby mayoff » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:49 pm

Kill the rhinos in Borean Tundra for rhino meat. I do this when the fishing quest sends me to BT anyway. You can get about 240 per hour if you're efficient. Start looting when half the pack dead, while ret aura and consecration are still damaging the rest.

Save the rhino meat until the cooking daily is "Mustard Dogs!", then list it in 4-stacks on the AH. I've had no problem selling them for 3g50 per rhino meat (14g per 4-stack).
mayoff

Postby heavenlysoul » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:36 pm

when soloing the old world raid bosses, is there a trick you can do to make a raid or do you just spam in trade to get someone to form a group with you?
heavenlysoul

Postby Argali » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:51 pm

The other person in the raid doesn't actually have to be there or even online.

Get a friend to log onto an alt, inv, form raid, make sure he uses ALT+F4 to relog.
Argali

Postby Sarutankah » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:23 am

My mate gets me to make him 20 or so Frostweave bags every so often that he flogs on ah, must be making a profit cos he grabs me at least once a week.

Personally I just sell ebonweave/mongoose/crusader on my warlock and do AQ20 and ONY so I have enough to repair and buy consumables over the week(and mainly cos It's something different from heroics over and over). Make sure I have 50k+ honour as well just in case I get a gear upgrade I need to gem or my mates do.
Sarutankah

Postby Janduin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:15 am

Argali wrote:The other person in the raid doesn't actually have to be there or even online.

Get a friend to log onto an alt, inv, form raid, make sure he uses ALT+F4 to relog.

Only need to do that for party. You can log off normally and stay in a raid.
Janduin

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents