Remove Advertisements

vindication worth it

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

vindication worth it

Postby Awyndel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:05 pm

Prolly asking a stupid question here but the talent says 46 ap on mmo, that's like what, 3.3 dps, or whatever it is for a bos. How the hell is this worth 2 talent points? Does it even stack with demo shout? I'd rather crit 2% more tbh. Hell I can't even imagine ppl wanting it in pvp.
Awyndel

Re: vindication worth it

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:36 pm

Hello sir. A new mechanic introduced in the Burning Crusade is the function of level scaling in talents. The number you see in the MMO-Champ talent calculator is rated for the minimum level you can attain the talent. In the case of Vindication, that is 21. I assure you the number of AP reduced is much higher for a level 80.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:24 am

It's 574 AP at level 80
jere

Postby Jasari » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:01 am

What they said ^^^

And yes, it's very worth it.
Jasari

Postby Awyndel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:07 am

I told you it was a stupid question! :D

thnx guys.
Awyndel

Postby jere » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:17 am

I asked it too at one point, if that makes you feel any better
jere

Postby Argali » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:52 am

It'll be the same as untalented demo shout, and share the same debuff type slot.
Argali

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 am

Argali wrote:It'll be the same as talented demo shout, and share the same debuff type slot.

Fixed
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theothersteve7 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:35 pm

I find it amusing that the people most excited about this change are the warriors.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Argali » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:23 pm

theothersteve7 wrote:I find it amusing that the people most excited about this change are the warriors.

Ofc, more rage for e-peen dps.
Argali

Postby amh » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Is there any room for it in the new pve ret-specs, or will tanks have to pick it up?
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Awyndel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

I think there is plenty of room. But the question is not can they pick it up, it is will they pick it up. Not every guild has a rule where you can force ppl to spec. And then there is multiple targets, or ppl dying. I am picking this one up considering it's equal to demo shout, looks quite powerfull to me now :)
Awyndel

Postby Dread » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:09 pm

amh wrote:Is there any room for it in the new pve ret-specs, or will tanks have to pick it up?

I would recommend tanks pick it up. Most PvE Ret specs can only really accommodate picking up 1 point in it at best. I'd imagine a 3.2 PvE Ret spec to look something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZV0tZVfbxbIuhdIfsu
Dread

Postby Dread » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:14 pm

Awyndel wrote:I think there is plenty of room. But the question is not can they pick it up, it is will they pick it up. Not every guild has a rule where you can force ppl to spec. And then there is multiple targets, or ppl dying. I am picking this one up considering it's equal to demo shout, looks quite powerfull to me now :)

In terms of how much free room Ret will have in 3.2, you have to realize that 5/5 SotP will now be a requirement and DS is expected for raid utility. That leaves very few open points for Ret.
Dread

Postby jere » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:30 am

Dread wrote:
Awyndel wrote:I think there is plenty of room. But the question is not can they pick it up, it is will they pick it up. Not every guild has a rule where you can force ppl to spec. And then there is multiple targets, or ppl dying. I am picking this one up considering it's equal to demo shout, looks quite powerfull to me now :)

In terms of how much free room Ret will have in 3.2, you have to realize that 5/5 SotP will now be a requirement and DS is expected for raid utility. That leaves very few open points for Ret.

Remember, the person you quoted was talking about guilds that didn't force specs so 'expected for raid utility' is less of a concern. You can have one paladin whether they are ret or prot pick it up while the others do the norm. It is easier for prot to pick up and it honestly makes the most sense for prot to have it given the type of utility it is, but that doesn't mean a single ret paladin can't snag it instead if the need arises.
jere

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents