Ret spec for dual spec?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Ret spec for dual spec?

Postby Tribune » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:47 am

Any recommendations for how to spec ret for one's second spec? Now usually talent points end up having to be balanced and talents you want sacrificed for talents you need. However i was playing around with the talent calculation and I seem to have excess points, almost like i forgot a talent or 3? Am i missing something? Is there a recommended base build for ret?
Tribune

Re: Ret spec for dual spec?

Postby VibratingSky » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 am

Take Divine Guardian 2points from protection.
Do not take Seal of Command or the PvP talents.
Take 5/5 Divinity. It improves your LoH ability by 10% and this is your core heal to top you off from your SoV and SoB whilst SS is down or you take AoE. Your Sacred Shiled will save you from taking damage from your SoV or SoB and produce max DPS in this setup.

Take PoJ. In a 10minuite fight, one extra hit from your speed works out more DPS over the duration than any of the other filler DPS talents point per point. This assumes you have to run from one place to another once in that 10 minuite duration (enough to allow you 1 extra hit).
Imo PoJ is also a must for your tanking spec, but that is another topic for another day and some will disagree, like those who say ArD is useless :)

You do not need to know what the optimum build is, you need to know what the developers have worked out for you to be 'normalised' against the oher DPS classes.
VibratingSky

Postby Dorvan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:57 am

Ret has some points to spare now, so you may well have been doing the right thing. Here is everything you need for a PvE Ret build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZVZVfbxbIuhdIfsu

Here is a common way of filling out the rest of the points for raid utility. I'm using this build, but it's by no means the only accpetable way of filling out those last 12 points:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZEMzMbZVfbxbIuhdIfsu

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Tribune » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Thanks, also I was so sleepy when i was looking last night I did not notice to Off-Spec forum.
Tribune

Postby guillex » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:05 pm

I still have a point in SoComm. I know that it's next to useless ... But eh. I kinda like it. It's proccing more often now, I'm finding.

It's also nice to have when that random ganker comes up to you, and you can Repentance->Judge Command->HoJ->DS->Exo->Judge Command again
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to Basic Training & Talents