Remove Advertisements

3.1 Talent build conclusion (?)

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: 3.1 Talent build conclusion (?)

Postby Jasari » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:16 pm

portalseeker wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:(I rather like being block capped).

Um, maybe sounding a little noobish, but please explain this or if someone has any links for this. I did not think you could be 'block capped', at least for lvl 80+ mobs.

It's the same thing as "uncrushable" pre 3.0. 102.4% avoidance + block against level 83 (boss) mobs.
Jasari

Postby portalseeker » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Thank you for clearing that up! It is a bit early for me still, so I thought I was going nuts. lol.

And, yea, my thoughts were leaning toward the avoidance threshold, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
portalseeker

Postby Ziggi » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:33 pm

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZE0xAMuMGsIufdxob

I think this is where i'm going.

1. i don't take enough damage to worry about SS saving my ass
2. I MT so Divine Sacrafice is a bad idea for me....
3. 20 sec CD on HoJ for interupt love.
4. Threat is not really a problem.
Ziggi

Postby Dorvan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Ziggi wrote:1. i don't take enough damage to worry about SS saving my ass
2. I MT so Divine Sacrafice is a bad idea for me....
3. 20 sec CD on HoJ for interupt love.
4. Threat is not really a problem.

Not taking DG is a reasonable option, but if you're MT'ing Ulduar you should most definitely be worrying about how much damage you're taking.

Taking Imp HoJ to help with interrupts in PvE is a joke imo, but perhaps others may disagree.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Ziggi » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:51 pm

my healers are awesome and i sit at 42khp raid buffed....

Plus the extra 100dmg on SS every 6 secs is no where near game breaking enough for me to consider 3 talent points into it. My 10's and 25's include a ret paladin for HotC so really wasted points there, so this really seems to be the best balance for me. Plus i already have a 12% damage reduction from talents and BoSanc alone. My thoughts might change once i get in there tonight.
Ziggi - Relentless - Shattered Hand
Ziggtastic - 80 Tankadin
Ziggi

Postby pallyberry » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Since the the benfits from both the imp devo and sanc ret. are no longer aura bound, would it not make more sense to throw up ret aura if you are tanking now and have the ret throw up devo? You make up the lost damage reduction with Glyph of Divine Plea
pallyberry

Postby Jasari » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:06 pm

pallyberry wrote:Since the the benfits from both the imp devo and sanc ret. are no longer aura bound, would it not make more sense to throw up ret aura if you are tanking now and have the ret throw up devo? You make up the lost damage reduction with Glyph of Divine Plea

Why would you want to do that?
Jasari

Postby Dorvan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Ziggi wrote:my healers are awesome and i sit at 42khp raid buffed....

Plus the extra 100dmg on SS every 6 secs is no where near game breaking enough for me to consider 3 talent points into it. My 10's and 25's include a ret paladin for HotC so really wasted points there, so this really seems to be the best balance for me. Plus i already have a 12% damage reduction from talents and BoSanc alone. My thoughts might change once i get in there tonight.

Well, if you really thought mitigation wasn't a concern, you wouldn't have 5/5 Divinity. I'm not saying 5/5 Divinity is a terrible thing, just that taking it isn't consistent with the philosophy of "I'm not ever really in danger of dying anyway".

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby pallyberry » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Jasari wrote:
pallyberry wrote:Since the the benfits from both the imp devo and sanc ret. are no longer aura bound, would it not make more sense to throw up ret aura if you are tanking now and have the ret throw up devo? You make up the lost damage reduction with Glyph of Divine Plea

more threat?
pallyberry

Postby Jasari » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:17 pm

pallyberry wrote:
Jasari wrote:

more threat?

You gain the threat from damage caused by other paladin's retribution aura that is on you.
Jasari

Postby Fenrir » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:26 pm

I would point out that threat is really easy to acquire unless your playing with extremely high geared dps (ex: A rouge/hunter/mage in T7.5) so I don't understand why you go threat builds early on - unless you know your going to be playing with high dps characters... Maybe I'm just not thinking it through all the way

I would go Imp. LoH just due to that 3.1 is said to be actually "hard" PvE, while I won't believe it for me, I can guess players who've had it easy in 25s will find this particularly difficult, so survivability might be more suited esp. if you had raidmates who havn't done TBC/Classic content, again, feel free to correct me if I'm thinking backwards >.<
Fenrir

Postby pallyberry » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Jasari wrote:You gain the threat from damage caused by other paladin's retribution aura that is on you.

if that were true wouldn't ret aura show up on MY damage meter? I think it only gains threat to the person who originally cast it?
pallyberry

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:07 pm

If a paladin has Ret aura up, and you get hit while it is affecting you, that damage goes towards your threat, not the paladin's. Thorns and Retribution Aura both work this way.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Grehn is correct. If Ret Aura damage is not showing up on your damage meter, then you need to update/change meters, because it is incorrect. You can also see the the damage is credited to you by checking your combat log.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby thenNATEgoes » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:11 pm

thenNATEgoes

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents