How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Postby Nelofear » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:53 am

-5/5 into Conviction with Tuskarr's Vital
Vs
3/5 Conviction 2/2 PoJ with 22 stam
I see alot of people going into PoJ over Conviction and I'd like to know

7 points in Stamina 7% Run speed vs 2% Crit with all spells (The Trade off) not counting Disarm effect

Keep in mind this is a 53/18 Build (personal 3.1 Build)

Just like to know the breakdown.
"Edited"
Last edited by Nelofear on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nelofear

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Postby Levantine » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:56 am

Nelofear wrote:7 points in Stamina(Boot enchant) and 7% runspeed vs 2% Crit (The Trade off)

Fixed. The difference between 108% and 115% is actually quite noticeable.
Levantine

Postby leperkhaun » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:38 pm

go 5/5 conviction and learn to not need PoJ. its nice but there is nothing that requires it and there wont be anything that requires it (thus far). If you pvp thats another story, get it.

also go 22 stam.

my thoughts.
leperkhaun

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:43 am

"Learn to not need PoJ" is a fairly bad answer. Higher movement speed means less chance of screwing up.

I remind back when training Felmyst when everyone was required to have Minor Speed on boots. We of course could make it without, but why risking to die for a ms of lag when you can avoid it?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:11 am

It's a matter of personal taste and playstyle. You'll find zealous adherents in both camps. Try both and choose which one you prefer. Or, dual spec it.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:16 am

I don't spec PoJ and I enchant 22 stam.

Now lets have 5 pages of discussion, half of us can claim PoJ isn't needed and the other half can claim it's super beneficial on a ton of stuff and by the end we won't reach any consensus.

Maybe we can all agree that (for current content) PoJ isn't required, but is useful, just as 2% more crit, or a little extra stam isn't required, but is useful?
Jasari

Postby mconeone » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:24 am

leperkhaun wrote:go 5/5 conviction and learn to not need PoJ. its nice but there is nothing that requires it and there wont be anything that requires it (thus far). If you pvp thats another story, get it.

also go 22 stam.

my thoughts.

There's also nothing that requires 2% crit. If you are having threat problems then that's a different story.
mconeone

Postby leperkhaun » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Honestly if there was any encounter where the run speed would help you on a progression kill, id say go for it, but there isnt.

2% more crit is more dps/threat. PoJ currently adds nothing other than neatness. If you have to have the run speed, get the enchant.

If there is an encounter where the whole raid needs speed.... repsec into PoJ, but having PoJ as part of a standard tank build for anything other than, i like to go fast, isnt worth it.
leperkhaun

Postby Jasari » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:51 pm

leperkhaun wrote:Honestly if there was any encounter where the run speed would help you on a progression kill, id say go for it, but there isnt.

2% more crit is more dps/threat. PoJ currently adds nothing other than neatness. If you have to have the run speed, get the enchant.

If there is an encounter where the whole raid needs speed.... repsec into PoJ, but having PoJ as part of a standard tank build for anything other than, i like to go fast, isnt worth it.

PoJ definitely is beneficial for 3D Sarth... I still don't spec for it. But it's inaccurate to say that it doesn't help on that encounter.
Jasari

Postby theothersteve7 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Run speed doesn't help on progression kills? I tank adds on Sarth+drakes, moving Maly away from sparks is easier with some extra footspeed, it's easier to grab Sapph right as she lands without her moving, I can pick up the adds in KT a hair faster... I daresay it's one of the most important attributes.

Best two points I ever wasted.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:00 pm

PoJ is fun and allows me to enchant for more stamina. I get both awesome things at once. Win/win for me.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby marsh21 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:31 am

Our raids always have an unholy aura (the GM plays an unholy DK) so I don't have to worry about PoJ or Tuskarr's

22 stam and 5/5 Conviction is how I'm going to be rolling in the patch
marsh21

Postby hoho » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:50 am

Runspeed helps with progression kills by allowing you to pull trash faster :)

In 3.1 I'll probably go with some kind of max threat/dps+PoJ spec. Most of the OT shielding is kind of meh and I don't find imp. LoH too fancy either.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby theckhd » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:59 am

marsh21 wrote:Our raids always have an unholy aura (the GM plays an unholy DK) so I don't have to worry about PoJ or Tuskarr's

Not anymore:
Patch Notes wrote:Unholy Aura: Replaced with Improved Unholy Presence. Allows the death knight to keep the movement speed bonus of Unholy Presence in any presence, and increases rune regeneration rate while in Unholy Presence.

I'm still trying to decide between 3/5 Conviction + 2/2 PoJ and 5/5 Conviction. I'll already have at least 2/3 Crusade, so it's a tradeoff of roughly 85 TPS for 7% extra run speed (plus a tiny bit of stamina from the enchant).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby marsh21 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:42 am

Patch Notes wrote:Unholy Aura: Replaced with Improved Unholy Presence. Allows the death knight to keep the movement speed bonus of Unholy Presence in any presence, and increases rune regeneration rate while in Unholy Presence.

I didn't realize that actually made it live. 3/5 Conviction and 2/2 PoJ with 3/3 Crusade is how I'll end up, with 22 stam of course.

They need to make Tuskarr's 15% run speed and be done with it so they are at least comparable.
marsh21

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents