Remove Advertisements

3.1 build 9733

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: 3.1 build 9733

Postby knaughty » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Drae wrote:Is there a reason Divinity isn't very popular?

It isn't very good. Analysed elsewhere.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby FlukemDukem » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:57 pm

i havent been on PTR so i plan on trying different spec or maybe even having 1 of the duel specs for TPS and the other more protective (depending on if i get back into arenas or not) but this is what im thinking.
Protective spec and the first one im gonna try out:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9733
Ive always been a big fan of Reckoning but it feels like its becoming obsolete

If my TPS isnt holding up well enough then ill switch to the spec the original poster made. The reason i speced into Divinity is im assuming the bosses in Uld are gonna be hitting a bit harder then what weve seen so far and having that extra heals especially when i have DG up will be nice.
The All-arouladin
FlukemDukem

Postby majorwoo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:43 am

Well with the crusade builds and the SoR glyph I'm still up in the air if blizz is trying to push us to SoR tanking, in which case reckoning would be more useful.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby majiben » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:53 am

Blizzard has never made a noticable push for use to use Sor for tanking. And as of right now SoR use is dead for tanking purposes now that it's glyph has been reverted to 10%.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Conaan! » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:53 am

majorwoo wrote:Well with the crusade builds and the SoR glyph I'm still up in the air if blizz is trying to push us to SoR tanking, in which case reckoning would be more useful.

wont bother you with math, but its in the MATLAB thread, it was close when the glyph was 30%, now that its 10% its nowhere near close (by close i mean broken promise + 5/5 reckoning + SoR + glyph was very close to last laugh + glyph)
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Saeverud » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:13 am

Is Sacred Shield even worth using as a prot paladin? Considering we have the lowest spell damage of the three specs, a ret or a even the more likely holy would be a smarter choice. Really the whole divine guardian/divine sacrifice thing doesn't really seem too good unless you're OT/Not tanking that fight.

I use the current version right now on stuff like Malygos' deep breath attacks, during Heigan's dance, or during Sapph's fight if I'm not MTing it. But a 51/20/0 would get far more benefit out of it, while also giving the tank or whoever they're using sacred shield on a huge mitigation buff.
Last edited by Saeverud on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saeverud

Postby majorwoo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:22 am

Conaan! wrote:
majorwoo wrote:Well with the crusade builds and the SoR glyph I'm still up in the air if blizz is trying to push us to SoR tanking, in which case reckoning would be more useful.

wont bother you with math, but its in the MATLAB thread, it was close when the glyph was 30%, now that its 10% its nowhere near close (by close i mean broken promise + 5/5 reckoning + SoR + glyph was very close to last laugh + glyph)

Sorry, for the confusion - I know it went back down to 10% and the math showed it wasn't worth it. What I was wondering was blizz put the SoR glyph in - for who? If its not for holy soloing (lol? glpyh SoR?) then it must have been for prot (and I believe GC said somewhere something about reckoning not being useless again in the future) - so I was wondering if blizz was trying to do that and just didn't put enough thought/math into it. It wouldn't be the first time they pushed out a 1/2 tested plan to see what the community does with it and buff/nerf/ignore it from there.

That being said I'm basing most of that thought process on the existence of a glyph meaning someone was meant to use it - and that could be a fundamentally flawed idea :)
majorwoo

Postby majorwoo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 am

Saeverud wrote:51/20/0 holy priest

:)
majorwoo

Postby Jasari » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:10 am

majorwoo wrote:
Conaan! wrote:

Sorry, for the confusion - I know it went back down to 10% and the math showed it wasn't worth it. What I was wondering was blizz put the SoR glyph in - for who? If its not for holy soloing (lol? glpyh SoR?) then it must have been for prot (and I believe GC said somewhere something about reckoning not being useless again in the future) - so I was wondering if blizz was trying to do that and just didn't put enough thought/math into it. It wouldn't be the first time they pushed out a 1/2 tested plan to see what the community does with it and buff/nerf/ignore it from there.

That being said I'm basing most of that thought process on the existence of a glyph meaning someone was meant to use it - and that could be a fundamentally flawed idea :)

I'd say the SoR glyph is exclusively for leveling since we don't have access to many seals to start off with.
Jasari

Postby Saeverud » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:17 am

majorwoo wrote:
Saeverud wrote:51/20/0 holy priest

:)

*mutters* I was talking about a priest while typing. Sue me.
Saeverud

Postby Valerius » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:46 am

I was actually thinking something like this:

3.1 spec

I tend to like PoJ so I'll take that instead of the extra 2 points in Conviction. It kills me that I have to take 1 in Benediction, but it seems less meh than 1/2 Imp BoM.

The other question would be the possible extra mitigation and raid soaking of DG vs. Imp HoJ. I haven't really seen anything extraordinarily compelling either way so a short CD on my only interupt sounds like fun for now.
Valerius

Postby Saeverud » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:08 am

Why not put the point in benediction into imp. judgment? As I think Knaughty pointed out to me a while back, just because it comes off cooldown a second earlier doesn't mean you have to use it a second earlier. And if you're following the rotation properly you -can't- use it until it's proper place.
Saeverud

Postby Valerius » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:17 am

Well, you're right, having it come off CD a second earlier doesn't kill anything if you are sticking to 969, but at that point it's a completely wasted talent point IMO. The point in Benediction has at least some benefit, even if it is minuscule.
Valerius

Postby Saeverud » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:21 am

Personally I find it better than the benediction myself. Having it come off cooldown quicker is nice if say you need to pick something up with a quick judge like on Gothik or Noth, or the first phase of KT. Or whatever fights there are like that in Ulduar, same with using it to pick up runners in trash. Or in solo stuff where rotation matters alot less.
Saeverud

Postby majiben » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:24 am

2/2 imp judgement increases your mitigation in AoE.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents