Remove Advertisements

Do you cleanse?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Candiru » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:10 am

MilaMan wrote:We wiped...oh...probably 5 or 6 times before I finally dropped group. Healadin never cast a single cleanse, whereas I was frantically spamming the damn thing while still maintaining aggro. Good times. Good times -.-

I've specced holy and done some heroics, and actually this fight is quite tricky as a holy paladin.

Using cleanse is 1 GCD you aren't healing.

Casting a Holy Light with beacon on your tank will heal for much more than the cleanse has saved, UNLESS the stack is more than1.

So I tend to Sacred shield people when I have spare GCD so that when they are poisoned, I don't need to bother to cleanse it and can heal elsewhere. Also using Holy Wrath to stun the poison casters is >> cleansing the debuff off 5 pepople afterwards!

He should be cleansing anyone with more than 1 stack though, and bubbling if he gets blown in the air on low HP!
Candiru

Postby Kracus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:27 am

I've had decursive ever since I hit 70. And self-cleanse when I don't want to care about the party members.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Arnock » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:53 am

I generally don't self cleanse unless a healer cannot do it, or it's a debuff that NEEDS to be removed ASAP
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby sanctifico » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:23 pm

I have a macro to clense myself (bound into my Shift + HOJ button), but if im needed to clense the raid i have to beforwarned so i can drag my other macro out

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Veilan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Yep, all the time, myself and others. Threat is not an issue so it's easily woven in, it really helps the healers, and there's that small satisfying feeling of glee when you demonstrate again just how useless a warrior is compared to a true hybrid.
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby Levantine » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Veilan wrote:Pink penis > Brown penis
Levantine

Postby Playdoh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Just turn on Auto Self-Cast, yeah. I hated having to target myself to heal and buff while levelling, so I've always used that.

I have had a mouseover macro for Cleanse set up for a long time now (wa the first one I used), and the key's in easy reach - I Cleanse all the time.

Because mouseover casting is soooo much easier than target casting.

If you have Auto Self-Cast turned on you can not mouseover to heal anyone else, you can not mouseover to cleanse anyone else. you can not mouseover LoH anyone else, oops just wasted a 20 min CD.

When people say they need green drake for achievement I tell them to take self-cast off, so they can mouseover heal anyone in the party ui, and still target Eregos.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby elfjorc » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:53 am

Huh? As I remember it I have auto-selfcast on and have had zero problems using a mouseover cleanse on other people.
elfjorc

Postby amh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:57 am

Auto-self-cast kicks in if you don´t have a target or if your target is hostile. A mouse-over macro includes a target (target=mouseover or something like that), so it bypasses auto-self-cast.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:01 am

Playdoh wrote:When people say they need green drake for achievement I tell them to take self-cast off, so they can mouseover heal anyone in the party ui, and still target Eregos.

From this I guess you mean by "mouseover" the click-targetting that the ui uses by default (when you have no valid target) rather than the [target=mouseover], right?

I'd rather be able to cast on myself in one click (particularly buffs and emergency buttons) and set up macros to use mouseover on others. The issue I have with auto-self cast is that not having it makes self-targetting more complicated, and in solo play and roles other than healing, self-targetting buffs is what you do most often. On top of that, a lot of the time you'll end up macroing things anyway, and auto-self cast allows macros to use [] in place of [target=target][target=player], saving space.

I can see your point on the Eregos fight, because you wouldn't be making macros for your vehicle abilities, so the click-targetting would be the better option.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Belarkan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:40 am

On raids, I usualy don't do it since healers have some spare time.
On 5 men, I do it whenever I'm not low on mana and the healer is a paladin or a priest.
Belarkan

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents