Remove Advertisements

Do you cleanse?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Khayne » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:30 am

Dorvan wrote:I cleanse myself and other party members. The only exception is that I'll occasionally leave stuff on me if my healer's doing fine and I want the extra mana :P

This is my stance too. I sometimes leave dps uncleansed though, but myself and healer allways get cleanses.

I'd like to know why so many people use self-cast cleanse macros though, doesn't anyone else use "Self-cast automatically if no target/enemy targetted and using buff/heal" option?

i mean i'll be targetting the baddies whole time anyway so just clicking cleanse is enough to cleanse myself, no macro needed.
Khayne

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:56 am

Just turn on Auto Self-Cast, yeah. I hated having to target myself to heal and buff while levelling, so I've always used that.

I have had a mouseover macro for Cleanse set up for a long time now (wa the first one I used), and the key's in easy reach - I Cleanse all the time.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby thegreedyturtle » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:21 am

Only time I don't cleanse is if I've done 3 or more in a row. If the healer is holy paladin, helping to keep aoe poisons off the group is extremely useful. Last boss of AN comes to mind, for those poisoner adds I keep threat and cleanse, cleanse, cleanse!

I'm not going to get into a deep discussion about it, but I can tell you that any healer who isn't a shaman will love you for cleansing.

My biggest question here is, why do ret pallies suck so hard at cleansing?
thegreedyturtle

Postby Arcand » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:45 am

Khayne wrote:I'd like to know why so many people use self-cast cleanse macros though, doesn't anyone else use "Self-cast automatically if no target/enemy targetted and using buff/heal" option?

Yes - but I've had this macro since before autoselfcast was an option (or at least, before I knew about it) and haven't gotten around to cutting out the excess code.
Arcand

Postby Bobness » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:58 am

Fridmarr wrote:I cleanse all the time regardless of who is healing me.

Same
Bobness

Postby mavfin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:32 am

If I know there's lots of poison or disease that needs dispelled while I'm on my elemental shaman, I make sure I put the appropriate totem down for it. Like poison on Hadronox, or Maexxna, or disease on Heigan (no, NOT on Grob, I know that!).

Anything to help the healer out. If I have a paladin healer in a 5-man, and it's relatively small AoE damage, I'll put up healing stream, assuming we have replenishment. It actually boggles my mind that actions like this are not more or less automatic on the part of other shamans...
--Mav
mavfin

Postby daemonym » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 am

control+4 is self cleanse for me, i always do it regardless. i'd rather the healer spent a gcd casting a heal. threat shouldn't be so much of an issue that messing up your rotation will ruin your day.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Kynes » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:46 am

WHAT IS CLEANSE???????

It's more of an epeen thing with myself and my healers. Who can get it faster, GO!
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

Postby Frickit » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:23 am

I use a mouseover macro and I have grid. Pretty easy to spam cleanses without changing targets. It screws up the rotation though.
Frickit

Postby Chanticleer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:29 am

I've actually been yelled at by healers in the past for self-cleansing, let alone the rest of the group so I'm sure to check where my heals are coming from before I pop the button.

One of the downsides of such smooth damage intake is the healers get bored if there isn't something exciting to do like removing debuffs.
Chanticleer

Postby Candiru » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:38 am

I remember tanking Maiden as the only cleanser in the raid.

I spent a lot of the fight spamming my mouseover cleanse on people until it went through.
Candiru

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 am

Candiru wrote:I remember tanking Maiden as the only cleanser in the raid.

I spent a lot of the fight spamming my mouseover cleanse on people until it went through.
I learned mouseovering on that fight, but I was on my warlock as the only cleanser.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Pyres » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:25 am

Decursive - ftw ...

I put myself in spot 1 - OT in spot 2 - healers after that ...
Use it all the time. Obviously more important in some fights than others but. :^)
Pyres

Postby MilaMan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:15 am

This is more of a "fail pug is fail" thing, but it's ironic to me that I'm seeing this thread when this is what happened to me last night::

Last boss in H Azjol Nerub (Anub'arak, I think?), me on my tankadin, healadin, ele shammy, hunter and rogue.

Most people would think...Wow, 3 people that can cleanse, must've been a cake walk!

Er.....no.

Technically speaking we had ONE person who could (ie knew enough to), which was myself. It's quite amusing (repair bill aside) to see a holy paladin with 3 poison debuffs get shot into the air by the spikes and die from the poisons before he hits in the ground.

We wiped...oh...probably 5 or 6 times before I finally dropped group. Healadin never cast a single cleanse, whereas I was frantically spamming the damn thing while still maintaining aggro. Good times. Good times -.-
MilaMan

Postby lakhesis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:57 am

Most definitely.

Throughout BC we generally had the traditional warrior MT setup. We've been running WotLK as a less-fixed setup, depending on which class is appropriate.

We always include cleanse into that equation.. if a fight requires regular non-incidental tank cleansing, then I tend to do it cos I can be self-sufficient in that regard (Maexnna being the obvious example).

I generally avoid screwing around cleansing others - even with mouseovers/mods/whatever it can just get awkward - but sometimes it is necessary/helpful in 5s or 10s.

- Lakh.
lakhesis

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents