Do you cleanse?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Velorian » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:44 am

I worry about cleansing myself and the healer. I see that as part of our utility.

I'll cleanse other situationally.
Velorian

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:07 am

Knowing as I do that my healer almost certainly has better things to do, I do it on myself. Given that I'm meant to be tanking, I let them do the rest of the group unless they're being overwhelmed.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Wolvar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:21 am

Vanifae wrote:I always self cleanse, no reason not to. You should have mana to spare.

I think spare GCD's are more of an issue than mana.
Wolvar

Postby Vanifae » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:29 am

Wolvar wrote:
Vanifae wrote:I always self cleanse, no reason not to. You should have mana to spare.

If you can't be smart enough to break from 969 to cleanse yourself then you are a robot and not a person.

969 is a guideline not a law.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Wolvar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:34 am

LOL it has nothing to do with being smart. If I'm the only one that can cleanse AND the debuff is bad enough, then I'll do it. Otherwise someone else can do it.

There's only two debuffs that you need to worry about anyway, necrotic poison from Maexxna and Heigan's disease debuff. If you've got enough shamans, nobody has to dispell Heigan's.
Wolvar

Postby Arcand » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:38 am

Vanifae wrote:
Wolvar wrote:

If you can't be smart enough to break from 969 to cleanse yourself then you are a robot and not a person.

969 is a guideline not a law.

Depends how closely the DPS are riding you on threat. Not an issue for most of us right now, but the lost time is worth considering.
Arcand

Postby Vanifae » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:44 am

Everything is situational, that is the beauty of tanking knowing when to go balls to the wall threat, knowing when to be ready to move or throw down burst threat. So yes if threat is that tight then yeah focus on that, but knowing when to do that is pretty much what you need to be doing anyway. Spamming 969 without understanding that is just poor gaming, and although it should go without saying I think it has to be said every now and then.

I still don't see a reason when you won't self-cleanse, it's one cooldown, and if threat is that tight then ether the encounter is designed to be a threat race to begin with or thee are other mechanics at work that take precedence over threat such as movement and the like.

But with that said, it comes down to one's judgment and making a decision. Which is why I love tanking to begin with.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Dorvan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:28 pm

I cleanse myself and other party members. The only exception is that I'll occasionally leave stuff on me if my healer's doing fine and I want the extra mana :P

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby leperkhaun » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:24 pm

myself and my healers typically.
leperkhaun

Postby Ashmadai » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:54 pm

Being able to cleanse is part of what I love about being a Paladin. It would drive me nuts if I got a poison or something on me and I had to just sit there until somebody else cleansed it off. Sometimes healers are trying to heal a bunch of different people or just bombing you with heals, and I love being self sufficient.

I see no reason you would not cleanse anytime you can.
Ashmadai

Postby Arizara » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:22 pm

cleanse is situational. some fights, i will, some i won't, but i usually put on dps gear and use seal of blood if the healer is actually spec'd for healing
Arizara

Postby Levantine » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 pm

Vanifae wrote:Everything is situational, that is the beauty of tanking knowing when to go balls to the wall threat, knowing when to be ready to move or throw down burst threat. So yes if threat is that tight then yeah focus on that, but knowing when to do that is pretty much what you need to be doing anyway. Spamming 969 without understanding that is just poor gaming, and although it should go without saying I think it has to be said every now and then.

I still don't see a reason when you won't self-cleanse, it's one cooldown, and if threat is that tight then ether the encounter is designed to be a threat race to begin with or thee are other mechanics at work that take precedence over threat such as movement and the like.

But with that said, it comes down to one's judgment and making a decision. Which is why I love tanking to begin with.

I've missed you, Vanifae.
Levantine

Postby Harlequina » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:23 am

Ashmadai wrote:Being able to cleanse is part of what I love about being a Paladin. It would drive me nuts if I got a poison or something on me and I had to just sit there until somebody else cleansed it off.
Harlequina

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:42 am

Ashmadai wrote:Being able to cleanse is part of what I love about being a Paladin. It would drive me nuts if I got a poison or something on me and I had to just sit there until somebody else cleansed it off. Sometimes healers are trying to heal a bunch of different people or just bombing you with heals, and I love being self sufficient.

I see no reason you would not cleanse anytime you can.

Must agree, it's extremely annoying when i tank on my DK or warrior, and see this pesky debuff on me and the paladin healing would not cleanse it

ARGHHH
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:52 am

Running with Priests makes me sad, since there's nothing they can do about Poison debuffs, which are usually the mean ones. :(
Levantine

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents